This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend a new CPU for me based on my specs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recommend a new CPU for me based on my specs

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
3 weeks ago#11
3570k is still more than adequate unless you're chasing 144+ FPS, and even then it can manage it in a few titles. Hang onto it and redo the whole thing in like, one or two more processor generations.
Now Playing: Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
Now, let's count up your sins!

User Info: phantasy

phantasy
3 weeks ago#12
I am running the same cpu as you and have thought about upgrading. Then watch a few videos and said screw it. It still performs really good at 1440p with my rx 480.

If you really want something to upgrade maybe an ssd and a better graphics card.
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
3 weeks ago#13
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Well i just got Battlefront 2 and usually i do a glance on "can my pc run it" see if i might run into issues and it advised me to replace my CPU telling me it doesnt meet the minimum.

On a side note i never heard of the term "delid"

The CPU might fail keeping 60 FPS all the time, but it'll handle the game.
If you're prepared to upgrade anyway, you don't have anything to lose by trying the game first and then decide whether to upgrade.

The best CPU you can get is the i7 3770k, and while that has aged well for modern games, it's typically expensive and not worth it for a five year old CPU.
Any other upgrade forces you to get a new motherboard and RAM as well.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recommend a new CPU for me based on my specs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived