This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's talk about an actual GOOD Star Wars game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Let's talk about an actual GOOD Star Wars game

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
3 weeks ago#31
JustAndrew88 posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
KoTOR 1, making Chewbacca kill Liara was sweet.

Zaalbar. Not Chewbacca.

Oh. Right. Zaalbar killing Liara was sweet.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/RVpcz3Z.png

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#32
it_r_over9000 posted...
In the middle of some dialogue; "This bores me. I think I'll just kill you!"

Yep! Straight up savage in that game.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

User Info: theswatleader

theswatleader
3 weeks ago#33
New battlefront 2 isnt bad. Just s***ty business practices from EA. Still fun.

User Info: revolver

revolver
3 weeks ago#34
theswatleader posted...

Eh I played the beta and the game itself isn't great. The gunplay is boring and designed to appeal to the masses. Honestly even without the crappy progression system I would maybe give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

That said the graphics are amazing and it's a truly wonderful thing to see the star wars universe at that level of graphical fidelity. It pains me that we aren't getting a good single player star wars game on that engine anytime soon.

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
3 weeks ago#35
theswatleader posted...

Again this topic is supposed to be a break from Battlefront 2. Please don't discuss it.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
3 weeks ago#36
Which Battlefront 2? 2 or 2?
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/RVpcz3Z.png

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
3 weeks ago#37
I spent way too much time on the Jedi Knight games as a kid. No game captured being a Jedi nearly as well, the light saber fights in Jedi Academy are still the best. Those games and old Battlefront 1&2 were my jam.

KOTOR was pretty good but I had issues, HK and Bindo were good, but rather than not being as good the rest of the characters straight up sucked, also I went dark side and it wasn't really satisfying considering you were the biggest, most evil badass in the galaxy, never feels like you get back to being Darth Revan, but a cheesy wannabe. I played it years after and the gameplay aged badly.

Shadow of the Empire was great fun on the 64 but also aged really badly.
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
3 weeks ago#38
nominturddaddy posted...
Which Battlefront 2? 2 or 2?

The current one.

By all means talk about how great the original battlefront series.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: KaizerLaw

KaizerLaw
3 weeks ago#39
Kotor 1 and 2

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
3 weeks ago#40
My mega list:

The original Battlefront 1 (and 2) - Epic trench warfare and battles even in random meaningless matches. 2 has space combat (but the AI means and they don't use the neat features of space battles), interesting maps and playable film characters, but is very easy and you become Rambo. The AI in BF1 is brilliant though.

Knights of the Old Republic II (and 1) - If you've played Mass Effect 1 then KotoR 1's story will be very familiar. I also found the 1st one to be boring. KOTOR II, while unfinished story-wise, was more fun and interesting for me.

Episode 1 (PC, not PS1) - it's a standard, even bad, platforming/action game, but suddenly on Tatooine it turns into an open-ended sandbox and a precursor to KOTOR. The unintentional humour is amazing, and surprisingly it's one of the few games I know where you can murder innocent children. A Star Wars movie game.

Episode 3 - A decent action tie-in but the lightsaber duels were brilliantly done, it was so fluid how you could use force powers, jump around etc. and the swordplay was quite 'realistic'.

Republic Commando - Squad-based shooter. Something different. Solid 8/10, good fun.

Shadows of the Empire - Based on the book, I don't know how it's aged, but it was a great action adventure at the time.

Tie Fighter/X-Wing vs Tie Fighter - Highly rated at the time, hasn't aged brilliantly.

Rogue Squadron - My childhood, Nintendo Hard though. Thank goodness for cheats.

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II - Due to its live-action cutscenes and multiple duels, it was like a lost episode of Star Wars. Pretty dated but still playable, though the prequel trilogy has spoilt us with saber battles by now.

Jedi Academy - I haven't played this yet but it was many people's favourite. Highly rated, back then at least.

Force Unleashed (not II) - A fun actiony game. II is a joke though - 4 levels, one that lasts literally 15 seconds, and a final boss of Darth Vader doing the boss shtick of sicking grunts at you and running away. Vader... But FU1 was good as I recall.

Lego Star Wars - if you like the Lego games.

And shout out to Yoda Stories, which isn't exactly an epic Star wars experience, but a fun cute little 'office game'
Argument winners: calm down, troll, hater, you obviously, LOL, don't care, I'm done, actually this is funny, not wasting my time, butthurt, blocked, keep trying
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Let's talk about an actual GOOD Star Wars game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived