This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's talk about an actual GOOD Star Wars game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Let's talk about an actual GOOD Star Wars game

User Info: tslu

tslu
4 weeks ago#41
the new battlefront 2 game is a lot of fun

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
4 weeks ago#42
TrulyEpicLawls posted...
My mega list:

The original Battlefront 1 (and 2) - Epic trench warfare and battles even in random meaningless matches. 2 has space combat (but the AI means and they don't use the neat features of space battles), interesting maps and playable film characters, but is very easy and you become Rambo. The AI in BF1 is brilliant though.

Knights of the Old Republic II (and 1) - If you've played Mass Effect 1 then KotoR 1's story will be very familiar. I also found the 1st one to be boring. KOTOR II, while unfinished story-wise, was more fun and interesting for me.

Episode 1 (PC, not PS1) - it's a standard, even bad, platforming/action game, but suddenly on Tatooine it turns into an open-ended sandbox and a precursor to KOTOR. The unintentional humour is amazing, and surprisingly it's one of the few games I know where you can murder innocent children. A Star Wars movie game.

Episode 3 - A decent action tie-in but the lightsaber duels were brilliantly done, it was so fluid how you could use force powers, jump around etc. and the swordplay was quite 'realistic'.

Republic Commando - Squad-based shooter. Something different. Solid 8/10, good fun.

Shadows of the Empire - Based on the book, I don't know how it's aged, but it was a great action adventure at the time.

Tie Fighter/X-Wing vs Tie Fighter - Highly rated at the time, hasn't aged brilliantly.

Rogue Squadron - My childhood, Nintendo Hard though. Thank goodness for cheats.

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II - Due to its live-action cutscenes and multiple duels, it was like a lost episode of Star Wars. Pretty dated but still playable, though the prequel trilogy has spoilt us with saber battles by now.

Jedi Academy - I haven't played this yet but it was many people's favourite. Highly rated, back then at least.

Force Unleashed (not II) - A fun actiony game. II is a joke though - 4 levels, one that lasts literally 15 seconds, and a final boss of Darth Vader doing the boss shtick of sicking grunts at you and running away. Vader... But FU1 was good as I recall.

Lego Star Wars - if you like the Lego games.

And shout out to Yoda Stories, which isn't exactly an epic Star wars experience, but a fun cute little 'office game'

Nice lis, thanks, it was really interesting.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1
The cranky hermit 4 weeks ago#43
TrulyEpicLawls posted...

Tie Fighter/X-Wing vs Tie Fighter - Highly rated at the time, hasn't aged brilliantly.

TIE Fighter is brilliant. Provided you're playing the DOS version and not the slightly crappy Win95 version. XvT on the other hand is crap and always was.

My top 10:

TIE Fighter -
Best space sim ever. But it really is a sim, with complex controls and physics (not remotely realistic, but complex nonetheless), tons of interesting missions, and gameplay smoothed to perfection.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -
Enough has been said about it.

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast -
This too.

X-Wing -
Not as polished as TIE Fighter, but missions are still great stuff, the rebel craft are a lot of fun to fly, and the plot progression is more satisfying. And the difficulty level is just plain cruel, but blowing up a Star Destroyer with your solo X-Wing is just about the most satisfying thing ever.

Dark Forces -
Doom with Stormtroopers.

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II -
Quake with Stormtroopers (and force powers and lightsabers)

Rogue Squadron II - Rogue Leader -
An arcadey take on X-Wing, some pretty unbelievable visuals for the hardware

Star Wars: Episode I - Racer -
The only good thing to come out of Star Wars Episode I (until Mr. Plinkett's brilliant review)

Rogue Squadron 3D -
Like Rogue Squadron II, but less polished

Star Wars Arcade -
One of the first Star Wars games, and it's not bad at all
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: Moose_Of_Woe

Moose_Of_Woe
4 weeks ago#44
revolver posted...
Knigh

Ditto. Best in the series imo. The Mara Jade add on "Mysteries of the Sith" was good as well.

My top 3:

Tie Fighter
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
Toss up between X-Wing Alliance/Super Empire Strikes Back and KOTOR 1.

User Info: threedown

threedown
4 weeks ago#45
Star wars galaxies was my favorite, I'd love another game like that.

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
4 weeks ago#46
The cranky hermit posted...
TrulyEpicLawls posted...

TIE Fighter is brilliant. Provided you're playing the DOS version and not the slightly crappy Win95 version. XvT on the other hand is crap and always was.

My top 10:

TIE Fighter -
Best space sim ever. But it really is a sim, with complex controls and physics (not remotely realistic, but complex nonetheless), tons of interesting missions, and gameplay smoothed to perfection.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -
Enough has been said about it.

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast -
This too.

X-Wing -
Not as polished as TIE Fighter, but missions are still great stuff, the rebel craft are a lot of fun to fly, and the plot progression is more satisfying. And the difficulty level is just plain cruel, but blowing up a Star Destroyer with your solo X-Wing is just about the most satisfying thing ever.

Dark Forces -
Doom with Stormtroopers.

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II -
Quake with Stormtroopers (and force powers and lightsabers)

Rogue Squadron II - Rogue Leader -
An arcadey take on X-Wing, some pretty unbelievable visuals for the hardware

Star Wars: Episode I - Racer -
The only good thing to come out of Star Wars Episode I (until Mr. Plinkett's brilliant review)

Rogue Squadron 3D -
Like Rogue Squadron II, but less polished

Star Wars Arcade -
One of the first Star Wars games, and it's not bad at all

Again, great list, thanks.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: KURRUPTOR

KURRUPTOR
4 weeks ago#47
Republic Commando is my favorite.
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.

User Info: Kenny_Mayne

Kenny_Mayne
4 weeks ago#48
Topic needs more discussion on masters of teras kasi and empire at war
I am Seattle

User Info: TheNemesis

TheNemesis
4 weeks ago#49
Knights of the Old Republic hands down. I even enjoyed part 2 as well. It was different but in a good way once you gave it about 4-5 hours.

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
4 weeks ago#50
Kenny_Mayne posted...
Topic needs more discussion on masters of teras kasi and empire at war

https://i.imgur.com/9jv62qU.gif
Argument winners: calm down, troll, hater, you obviously, LOL, don't care, I'm done, actually this is funny, not wasting my time, butthurt, blocked, keep trying
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Let's talk about an actual GOOD Star Wars game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived