This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would this be any good for 4K gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Would this be any good for 4K gaming?

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
3 weeks ago#1
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/samsung-ue55mu6470u-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10161687-pdt.html

It’s almost half the price of the Sony one I was looking at, I could even stretch to the 65” version for the price they are currently going for. Similar models have very low input lag.

I’ll be pairing it with a 1080ti soon
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 weeks ago#2
Depends on what the input latency is.
Ryzen 1600X @4GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync 1ms
i7 3930K @4.8GHz | 16GB 2133MHz DDR3 | GTX 1080 8GB

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
3 weeks ago#3
For a console yes if you have a 1080ti for the GPU yes if not then no.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: thanthen

thanthen
3 weeks ago#4
It's fine, you can force down the resolution to 3440x1440 with two big ass black bars and realize you bought the wrong display. Then again you play PC games on the screen across the room, you probably eat slice bread with a fork like an animal.
I'm gonna stab the s*** out of you. - Detective Castellanos, renown art critic.

Sephiroth311
3 weeks ago#5
Haha well I’ve been pc gaming on my tv for near five years now with no issues at all at 1080p. I’m just looking to make the 4k leap.

It’s either this or hold out for the more expensive Sony OLED I’ve had my eye on

User Info: devil_lord

devil_lord
3 weeks ago#6
I have been using a Sony 49 inch x900e as my gaming monitor and it's been great so far. Input lag is something to consider but my TV lists a 32 ms input lag and it feels perfect for gaming so far.

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
3 weeks ago#7
devil_lord posted...
I have been using a Sony 49 inch x900e as my gaming monitor and it's been great so far. Input lag is something to consider but my TV lists a 32 ms input lag and it feels perfect for gaming so far.

The 900e is a much nicer TV and significantly more expensive than what the TC has listed.
My Home Theater: http://m.imgur.com/a/la41r

User Info: devil_lord

devil_lord
3 weeks ago#8
Whether the TV is more expensive isn't the issue. It's about input lag when using a TV as a gaming monitor. I stated which TV I had and the input lag for that TV. I'm sure the Samsung model listed has a better input lag response than mine and since I find the input lag on my TV to be acceptable, I think the Samsung model will do the TC fine.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#9
Just get a 0Led LG TV and be happy, best TV money can buy
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

Sephiroth311
3 weeks ago#10
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XVMNVD5/?tag=hotukdeals062-21

This’en?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Would this be any good for 4K gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived