This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would this be any good for 4K gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Would this be any good for 4K gaming?

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#11
Sephiroth311 posted...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XVMNVD5/?tag=hotukdeals062-21

This’en?

yea, My friend got one of them and its amazing. It has the best response time out of any TV ( i think its like 22ms in game mode or something) making it the best for gaming out of any TV out there.
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#12
Fade2black001 posted...
Sephiroth311 posted...

This’en?

yea, My friend got one of them and its amazing. It has the best response time out of any TV ( i think its like 22ms in game mode or something) making it the best for gaming out of any TV out there.

it's not the best in terms of input lag, but it's acceptable. my TV has 18.5ms input lag IIRC and it's not even close to the best, but it's still considered excellent.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#13
zhenghan posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Sephiroth311 posted...

This’en?

it's not the best in terms of input lag, but it's acceptable. my TV has 18.5ms input lag IIRC and it's not even close to the best, but it's still considered excellent.

Alright then its not like 2.5ms is going to mean anything but you made your point and stand corrected.

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#14
Fade2black001 posted...
zhenghan posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Sephiroth311 posted...

This’en?

Alright then its not like 2.5ms is going to mean anything but you made your point and stand corrected.

that OLED TV does look very good though, rtings has given it 8.8/10 which is an excellent score. the only thing i'd be worried about is image retention since it's an OLED. but otherwise i believe it will wreck any LED.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#15
Its the best TV money can buy right now. Image retention is only if you leave a game on the same screen for like 12hrs it will start to happen but other than that its fine.

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#16
nm rtings gave it 8.6/10, which is still very good. but ya should be a stunner.

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#17
Fade2black001 posted...
Its the best TV money can buy right now. Image retention is only if you leave a game on the same screen for like 12hrs it will start to happen but other than that its fine.

LG's oled c7 series gets 8.8/10 which is slightly higher but the b7 series is still solid enough prolly.

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
3 weeks ago#18
Is input lag only an issue for 4k pc gaming or does it affect consoles too? As I said I’ve had no issues using a now dated Sony 1080p TV and I have a couple of friends who game on some poor, off-brand TVs again with no issues
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#19
zhenghan posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

LG's oled c7 series gets 8.8/10 which is slightly higher but the b7 series is still solid enough prolly.

ummmm the only difference between their 0led line of TV's is the sound. They all use exactly the same panel and everything

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#20
Sephiroth311 posted...
Is input lag only an issue for 4k pc gaming or does it affect consoles too? As I said I’ve had no issues using a now dated Sony 1080p TV and I have a couple of friends who game on some poor, off-brand TVs again with no issues

I think its all subjective and PC's Do not have this problem if you are using a monitor. You can get 4k monitors with ~5ms for response times. Also quite frankly you wont notice a difference between 0ms and 50ms. Just remember that MS stands for milliseconds, so 50 milliseconds is 1/20th of a second to put things in perspective
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Would this be any good for 4K gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived