This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PUBG should NOT win Game of the Year

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG should NOT win Game of the Year

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
3 weeks ago#11
The full game isn't even out.

User Info: GeneralFox

GeneralFox
3 weeks ago#12
Only fault I see with it is that it's early access and not officially out.

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
3 weeks ago#13
I don't play it nor care about it, but if more people enjoyed it than any other game this year, I don't see what the issue is with it being arbitrarily called "game of the year." It doesn't matter how much work went into them, GOTY is a popularity contest just like GameFAQs' Character Battles.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: Januzaj_Dragon

Januzaj_Dragon
3 weeks ago#14
IT wont come anywhere near wining it though. It will be Zelda by some distance.
Xbox One X - Worlds most Powerful Console

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
3 weeks ago#15
Januzaj_Dragon posted...
IT wont come anywhere near wining it though. It will be Zelda by some distance.

Yes, Zelda won. Pub got pc goty though
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
3 weeks ago#16
Aren't there hundreds of game of the year awards every year? Who cares if it wins one or two of them.
My Home Theater: http://m.imgur.com/a/la41r

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 weeks ago#17
Dude has some pretty ridiculous restrictions for what should count as GOTY... Seriously, only single-player games, or games with single-player modes even stand a chance of qualifying? What the hell sort of stupid qualifier is that?

I think that dude should create a new game award if he's being *that* restrictive - the "Forever Alone GOTY." If he's that against a good, fun, multiplayer-only game even being in the running, and only games where he can play by himself should count, he can do his own awards.

And I say this as somebody who by far prefers playing single player games, and who has never tried PUBG at all.

I'll say the same thing others have mentioned here - if anything should disqualify PUBG, it should be that it's early access. Not because it's multiplayer-only.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: 26_Sandman_39

26_Sandman_39
3 weeks ago#18
People butthurt that it took less effort to create a better game.

Just because you worked longer and harder on something doesn't make it better. That argument is atrocious. The game that is better is the better game, that simple. I don't give a f*** if it took 5 minutes to make. If someone can make a better game in 5 minutes than 4 games that took years to make, ku mother f***ing dos to them. That should be an accomplishment, not a detriment.

And lol @ online-only games can't win GoTY. That's like saying handheld games can't win GoTY back in 2003. Or PC games can't win GoTY back in 1995. That's f***ing stupid and it only adds to your level of bias.

PUBG is GoTY. Deal with it.
Sigs are useless.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
3 weeks ago#19
26_Sandman_39 posted...
PUBG is GoTY. Deal with it.

lol, it's over and Zelda is GoTY. You deal with it.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 weeks ago#20
Breath of the Wild should win GOTY. However for PC, PUBG has no competition.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 || Surface Pro 2 i5.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG should NOT win Game of the Year

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived