This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
4 weeks ago#1
Just updated, and......O-o....wow, this is a backwards move.

Don't get me wrong, I knew NoScript wasn't happening (well, it's been stated it'll be back before the end of the week, but....it's Friday now).

I was, however, surprised that the layout of common functions like favorites was changed in such a......I don't know, haphazard way? that even the generalized categories for bookmarks I'd set up was just gone.

Just really weird Mozilla would change things to the extent they have.

Yeah, I get it, they changed up the API, just seems like they went crazy with the entire layout while they were at it.

Am I dumping it? Not just yet, but I've no problems with converting to Chrome if Firefox is going to have a half-assed API from here on out.

Sounds like Pale Moon and Waterfox might be worth looking into as well, so I'd love to hear some more info about those as well.....y'know, in case the "new" Firefox doesn't fit what I need in a browser any more.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: F0cu5

F0cu5
4 weeks ago#2
The Android version shoves news in your face whenever you open a new tab which I am very miffed about. Hate all these companies thinking we need to constantly be seeing sensationalist headlines everywhere in our lives (Windows start screen for example). No way to turn it off which is the real problem.
Trying risks failure; refraining guarantees it

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 weeks ago#3
F0cu5 posted...
The Android version shoves news in your face whenever you open a new tab which I am very miffed about. Hate all these companies thinking we need to constantly be seeing sensationalist headlines everywhere in our lives (Windows start screen for example). No way to turn it off which is the real problem.

So, your upset that when you open a new tab that instead of just being blank before you type in a page, it has a few boxes of random crap before you type in a page? That's what you chose to get miffed at in life? Wow I wish I had so few actual problems that I had to come up with s*** like that to try and get angry about.

User Info: jhon2345

jhon2345
4 weeks ago#4
In the name of security, they just add more ways to spy on users & collect user data.

User Info: F0cu5

F0cu5
4 weeks ago#5
Edavy89 posted...
F0cu5 posted...

So, your upset that when you open a new tab that instead of just being blank before you type in a page, it has a few boxes of random crap before you type in a page? That's what you chose to get miffed at in life? Wow I wish I had so few actual problems that I had to come up with s*** like that to try and get angry about.

The irony in this post is hilarious. I might be annoyed enough to post a negative review of a feature, but you're annoyed enough to post a negative review of my negative review. I hope your day improves from here on out.
Trying risks failure; refraining guarantees it

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 weeks ago#6
F0cu5 posted...
Edavy89 posted...
F0cu5 posted...

The irony in this post is hilarious. I might be annoyed enough to post a negative review of a feature, but you're annoyed enough to post a negative review of my negative review. I hope your day improves from here on out.

That's not what Irony is. Nothing about this is a review. It's a message board, for discussion. Im just discussing what I consider to be your *incredibly stupid* reasoning. Get your strawman out of here you silly gopher.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
4 weeks ago#7
You don't know that his reasoning is and that's not what a strawman is. Time for you to go back to the big list of internet fallacies and try again. Don't worry, we'll wait.

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
4 weeks ago#8
I'm still on version 56. Won't update for a while.

I'm hearing bad things about it.
Red Diamond: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUwltEBRrqs
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcsm2008

User Info: hakujo

hakujo
4 weeks ago#9
F0cu5 posted...

Is this the Highlights? There is a way to turn it off and only leave your pinned/most visited pages.

New page -> Settings icon top right within the tab -> uncheck stuff you don't want
Nooo stop reading me without consent

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
4 weeks ago#10
no it sucks
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived