This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

User Info: VoidNoodle

VoidNoodle
3 weeks ago#41
Getting high CPU/RAM usage on my end. I'll probably hold off I guess.
2017 Goal: 400pp and 500pp. Current top play: 307pp
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky One TKL RGB | Quickfire TK | Corsair K90

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#42
I stopped using FF like 2 years ago. So many problems with it and Edge is even better than FF is. Chrome is still the superior browser though
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#43
VoidNoodle posted...
Getting high CPU/RAM usage on my end. I'll probably hold off I guess.

I don't know much about the CPU part but I do remember someone saying that the new version of Firefox is reporting the actual RAM usage now that it has multiple processes like Chrome. Basically the previous versions weren't entirely accurate with RAM usage. When I saw my RAM usage was 1.3 GB with just 3 tabs open I was confused. But it never seems to go much higher than that unless I try to make it with tons of videos.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#44
Fade2black001 posted...
Edge is even better than FF is

Yeah no. And the latest Firefox has matched/beaten Chrome in a lot of benchmarks. I think Chrome has the edge in a few.

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#45
JustAndrew88 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Edge is even better than FF is

Yeah no. And the latest Firefox has matched/beaten Chrome in a lot of benchmarks. I think Chrome has the edge in a few.

I went away from FF cause of its internal memory problems (dunno if they have been fixed yet) where (at least to me) after leaving it running for a few days on end it will get massively slow like everything on the screen (including the mouse) will move at like 3fps. Chrome is at least stable and doesn't have that problem I experienced neither does Edge, so......

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#46
My experience in terms of memory has been the same across just about every browser. 1 to 1.5 GB of RAM used up with my regular usage, and never really more than that without pushing it. But I also never leave my computer on or browsers up for days so that's probably the difference.

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#47
JustAndrew88 posted...
My experience in terms of memory has been the same across just about every browser. 1 to 1.5 GB of RAM used up with my regular usage, and never really more than that without pushing it. But I also never leave my computer on or browsers up for days so that's probably the difference.

I mean internal memory memory where as if you had FF open and tried to use it it will be moving at like 3fps even the mouse cursor but out of the window and into everything else, mouse cursor in all will be back to working normally fine and perfectly.

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#48
Fade2black001 posted...
I mean internal memory memory where as if you had FF open and tried to use it it will be moving at like 3fps even the mouse cursor but out of the window and into everything else, mouse cursor in all will be back to working normally fine and perfectly.

Huh. I've never heard of that before. Weird.

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#49
JustAndrew88 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

Huh. I've never heard of that before. Weird.

yeah... even after restarting the program worked once but after that it wouldn't fix the problem, even after restarting my system the problem will still be there. So I was like screw this and switched to chrome. I tried almost every well known browser as well and I found chrome and Edge to be the best as they seem to not have stability problems, from my experience.

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#50
Edge honestly isn't terrible given Microsoft's track record for web browsing. And I've never had issues with Chrome either. Or Firefox. I should consider myself lucky that I've never had the glaring problems so many people seem to have with every browser. I'd better knock on wood now so I don't jinx it.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived