This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 weeks ago#51
JustAndrew88 posted...
Edge honestly isn't terrible given Microsoft's track record for web browsing. And I've never had issues with Chrome either. Or Firefox. I should consider myself lucky that I've never had the glaring problems so many people seem to have with every browser. I'd better knock on wood now so I don't jinx it.

lol
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Dyshonest

Dyshonest
4 weeks ago#52
New Tab screen is god awful and ridiculously laggy.

Also really hate that the In Private Browsing hotkey changed to the stupid one that Chrome uses instead of what Firefox has always used...

User Info: F0cu5

F0cu5
4 weeks ago#53
Doolz2024 posted...
F0cu5 posted...
The Android version shoves news in your face whenever you open a new tab which I am very miffed about. Hate all these companies thinking we need to constantly be seeing sensationalist headlines everywhere in our lives (Windows start screen for example). No way to turn it off which is the real problem.

False. There is a way to turn it off.

Settings > General > Home > Top Sites > uncheck Recommended by Pocket

It's ridiculous that it's this buried in the settings. It took me a while to find it, but yeah, there's a way.

Thank you! That's not as buried as I would have guessed - I did try and look for this for a while. But it is much less obvious than I remember it being in older releases of FF. I would edit my posts if I could.
Trying risks failure; refraining guarantees it

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
4 weeks ago#54
I'm so mad right now.
Every single damn time they make an update they reset all the address bar settings.
There's no browser.urlbar.unifiedcomplete in config anymore and I can't get rid of that idiotic "visit" being the first suggestion in address bar.

For example if I type "abc" the first suggestion is "http://abc - visit" instead of the most common thing from history with "abc" string.

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
4 weeks ago#55
i like it from a performance standpoint

i don't like all the add-ons that broke and i don't like the blue-ish,purple-ish color of the top of the window and can't figure out how to change it,if it's even changeable
[?]
"He must've been a very important chimp."

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
4 weeks ago#56
CourtofOwls posted...
i like it from a performance standpoint

i don't like all the add-ons that broke and i don't like the blue-ish,purple-ish color of the top of the window and can't figure out how to change it,if it's even changeable

I don't have a blue-ish purple-ish anything... are you talking about a theme? On the Add-ons page (about:addons) you can click on Themes and select different color/image schemes for the top of the page. Mine has been goombas for as long as I can remember.

If you tweak your theme, does it fix the issue?

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
4 weeks ago#57
I like it a lot. It's kinda hard to fully switch because Chrome has more Chromecast stuff but I'm gonna make more an effort to use Firefox more.

User Info: Storm Chamber

Storm Chamber
4 weeks ago#58
MarceloSampaio posted...
I'm still on version 56. Won't update for a while.

I'm hearing bad things about it.
http://i.imgur.com/b9M1Xlx.gif
http://i.imgur.com/TRuzlw3.gif

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
4 weeks ago#59
I like it, things seem to be much faster than before

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
4 weeks ago#60
Dyshonest posted...
New Tab screen is god awful and ridiculously laggy.

Also really hate that the In Private Browsing hotkey changed to the stupid one that Chrome uses instead of what Firefox has always used...

You can turn the entire thing off. Open a new tab, click the gear icon and uncheck everything.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived