This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
4 weeks ago#61
ElDudorino posted...
CourtofOwls posted...
i like it from a performance standpoint

i don't like all the add-ons that broke and i don't like the blue-ish,purple-ish color of the top of the window and can't figure out how to change it,if it's even changeable

I don't have a blue-ish purple-ish anything... are you talking about a theme? On the Add-ons page (about:addons) you can click on Themes and select different color/image schemes for the top of the page. Mine has been goombas for as long as I can remember.

If you tweak your theme, does it fix the issue?

yeah,that was it,thanks
the default is awful
[?]
"He must've been a very important chimp."

User Info: ssringo

ssringo
4 weeks ago#62
Not even looking at it until noscript is updated to work with it. After that I'll check it out but still won't update permanently until most/all of my addons work or have a good alternative.
Hi

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
4 weeks ago#63
No. I'm so glad Waterfox is a thing.

User Info: Sir_Meowcat_Esq

Sir_Meowcat_Esq
4 weeks ago#64
I don't like the default layout (is mostly fixable), and I've been having a mildly irritating bug where url's will flash in the corner during full screen videos sometimes, but otherwise... yes, I like it.

User Info: RyanEsau

RyanEsau
4 weeks ago#65
No thirdparty theme support anymore (For the community...), so, nty.

I grew up with Firefox but ended up migrating over to Chrome down the line.

Still sticking with Chrome. Firefox is my secondary browser after switching to Chrome but I'm keeping it on 56.0.2 (Just before Quantum [57]). I mainly just use it when I want to check a webpage on a site real quick without being logged in (Rather than logging out in Chrome) or if something happens to go awry in Chrome (Usually a extension I end up identifying as the problem.) I'll just open it in Firefox.

None of the silly ads I've ran into the past few weeks on YouTube have enticed me. The lack of theming pretty much nullifies all else though regardless. I'm adamant on having full-dark themes just about everywhere and their built-in dark theme doesn't fully blackout everything last I recall so I was using FT DeepDark theme I think it's called.

I'll continue to use Mozilla Thunderbird (Also grew up with) though unless there's some change that ends up forcing me to look for alternatives. Hopefully not... If they do have a big update like FireFox Quantum for Thunderbird though, I hope they'll have what I want natively. I just have one add-on to make Thunderbird minimize to the tray and then the thunderbird equivalent of my FireFox theme.

I also somewhat noticed the layout change as others have mentioned, but that's not a big deal to me since I'm not really accustomed to a specific layout with FireFox.
PSN: RyanEsau | https://psnprofiles.com/RyanEsau
PC: i7-6700K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC | https://www.steamcommunity.com/id/gamingtothemax

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
4 weeks ago#66
Chrome's theming is just as shallow as Firefox's is now.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
4 weeks ago#67
CourtofOwls posted...
ElDudorino posted...
CourtofOwls posted...
i like it from a performance standpoint

i don't like all the add-ons that broke and i don't like the blue-ish,purple-ish color of the top of the window and can't figure out how to change it,if it's even changeable

I don't have a blue-ish purple-ish anything... are you talking about a theme? On the Add-ons page (about:addons) you can click on Themes and select different color/image schemes for the top of the page. Mine has been goombas for as long as I can remember.

If you tweak your theme, does it fix the issue?

yeah,that was it,thanks
the default is awful

Yeah, it's pretty damn bad. The light theme looks a ton better; the only problem I have is that the toolbar doesn't change color when the browser is not the focus window.

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
4 weeks ago#68
I have/had 4 issues with it in my 5 minutes of using it so far lol
1) Pinned tabs take up a lot more space.
2) The bookmark, options and pocket icons in the address bar. Though you can just right-click to remove bookmark and pocket.
3) Smaller search bar, don't think I can change the size of it.
4) New tabs page being limited to 12 sites and not being able to arrange them. Used to ave 15 pinned and arranged on the new tabs page.

However, 4) was fixed after a quick search https://winaero.com/blog/classic-new-tab-page-firefox-57/
1) Open about:config
2) Search: browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.enabled
3) Set false

I dislike the modern look on the tabs too but whatever.
Ready to die? A Compulsory Happiness Dictatorship. ''Alrighty~ Come on everyone, you should only be full of happiness!''
Uh, Gardevoir? http://imgur.com/bANy38Z

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
4 weeks ago#69
Massaca posted...

You can. I placed the search bar to the right of the URL bar, left customization, and just to the left of the search bar you'll get the icon indicating you can left click and change the size of the search bar left or right.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
4 weeks ago#70
JustAndrew88 posted...
Massaca posted...

You can. I placed the search bar to the right of the URL bar, left customization, and just to the left of the search bar you'll get the icon indicating you can left click and change the size of the search bar left or right.

...I swear I tried that before, cause that's how it was previously, but it wasn't working.
Double checked now, didnt have to rearrange anything cause that's how I have it and it worked... >.< Iunno how I messed that up before lol.
Thanks.

Edit: wait, do know what happened. I had the refresh icon between the address and search bars but now it's on the right of the search bar somehow. Guess I must have accidentally moved it earlier after messing around with things.
Ready to die? A Compulsory Happiness Dictatorship. ''Alrighty~ Come on everyone, you should only be full of happiness!''
Uh, Gardevoir? http://imgur.com/bANy38Z
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived