This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
3 weeks ago#71
VoidNoodle posted...
Getting high CPU/RAM usage on my end. I'll probably hold off I guess.

It's the opposite here. I'm liking it despite not having my Walnut theme yet and Noscript
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 weeks ago#72
I love it, but I'm not someone stuck in my ways who doesn't know how to navigate a menu to turn off the things I don't like.
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: Sonorous_Jon1S8

Sonorous_Jon1S8
3 weeks ago#73
Using 52 ESR until Noscript comes out. Ironically some of my addons are now downwards incompatible so I'll get those when I switch back.

Dont like my add-ons being culled by multiprocess and quantum compatibility. Like the increased speed. Dont really give a s*** about the UI, I have yet to see a browser ui I really like, usable is decent enough for me.
(message deleted)

User Info: cbgreely

cbgreely
3 weeks ago#75
It looks gross, its like they're turning into Chrome or something. The functionality seems mostly the same though.
Pineapple on pizza

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
3 weeks ago#76
Sage JJ posted...
However with that said they made it quite easy to navigate things like bookmarks not. They added a specific button at the top that opens up all your bookmarks and folders now without having to click through things multiple times.

Yeah, after spending a bit more time with Quantum, I'm more used to it now, and found the button you're mentioning, so I have a better opinion of the layout now.

I'm also fairly impressed with the performance so far (but still haven't logged much time with Quantum, so I'll see if this opinion changes).

I've been using the 64bit Firefox since April, and with Ublock and NoScript, it's always been pretty fast for me. Quantum seems to be (I say "seems" because I'm not actually sure) even a little faster still, and that's without NoScript.

Killah Priest posted...
for some reason it made the forward/back/refresh arrows piss yellow and moved the address bar back under the tab bar. there are also random gaps in the address bar called "flexible space" that weren't there before on mine.

Fortunately that's not happening to me (it does sound hideous). I did get the garish (just my opinion) oversized tablet looking buttons though.

I'm assuming those are just stock for the new layout, but I might try to see if I can change them up, or replace them or something.

ElDudorino posted...

That being said, Quantum hasn't given me any grief on desktop since the only extension I need is uBlock Origin. Tabs on top are ugly to me but not hugely important.

Yeah, at this point, if NoScript is updated to be compatible with Quantum, I won't really have any actual complaints, just some aesthetic gripes that hopefully I can change.

I honestly only used Ublock Origin and NoScript, so it was a little irritating that 1 out of the only 2 add-ons I use isn't available, but I knew this going into the upgrade, so I'm not raging or anything.

I just really hope to get NoScript back, as I've grown to really love what it did for me. The obvious is greater security, but being able to block all the ad and tracking related scripts really boosts performance on the whole.

Jason_Hudson posted...
You could always try uMatrix instead of NoScript. Works the same way, but it's a bit more complicated. Made by the same guy that makes uBlock.

Thank you very much! I was trying to remember uMatrix but couldn't. I made note of it when it was mentioned on this board awhile back, but failed to follow through with checking it out. I will definitely do so now.

el_tercer_poder posted...
https://noscript.net/
They're working on a Firefox 57 version.
Should be up during this week.

Yeah, I'm really hoping by this weekend, but don't know if that'll happen. Not sure what country the creator(s) of NoScript reside in, or what, if any, holidays they observe, but for most people in the U.S., this is kind of a holiday week, so it may be the creator(s) don't end up having a lot of time to work on it right now.

I mean, the actual holiday is on Thursday, but a lot of folks travel to other relatives and such, often taking up the full week.

JustAndrew88 posted...
The UI needs some work. The empty spaces on the sides of the URL bar look stupid.

Yeah, I don't care for that either. Just looks.....awkward (for me anyway). Hopefully that can, or will be able to be, changed.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
3 weeks ago#77
Sorry for the double post, was running out of room in the first one.

Fade2black001 posted...
So many problems with it and Edge is even better than FF is.

You know, I tend to forget about Edge. I checked it out very briefly back in April, and actually kind of liked the look of it (seemed like it had decent performance too).

The only reason I didn't use it further was due to it not having a script blocker. It's my understanding it now supports Ublock, so if there's also a script blocker available that's compatible with Edge, I might give it another go.

JustAndrew88 posted...
You can. I placed the search bar to the right of the URL bar, left customization, and just to the left of the search bar you'll get the icon indicating you can left click and change the size of the search bar left or right.

Thank you, I'm going to change this also.

daemon_dan posted...
I love it, but I'm not someone stuck in my ways who doesn't know how to navigate a menu to turn off the things I don't like.

No reason to be hostile man, sometimes not everything is obvious to all people is all. I'm not having problems doing what I want to do in the new layout now, it just took a minute for me to figure out is all.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: GeneralFox

GeneralFox
3 weeks ago#78
Still trying to figure out how to save images now on the my phone version of Firefox... For whatever reason the images I tell to save never appear in my phones photo gallery lol.

User Info: LinkAndEpona

LinkAndEpona
3 weeks ago#79
Works very well for me, Ad Blocker didn't need updating either.

Also they updated it for Linux Mint as well.

User Info: Pineapple5

Pineapple5
3 weeks ago#80
The new Firefox is certainly fast, but I still prefer the font rendering in Chrome.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, so does anyone like Firefox v57 Quantum?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived