This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Grim Dawn or Pillars of Eternity?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Grim Dawn or Pillars of Eternity?

User Info: Undrtaker

Undrtaker
3 weeks ago#1
Which one should I get and why? Base game enough or expansions required too?

Edit: Mixed up my POEs, meant Path of Exile
There is only one god and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death. Not today.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 weeks ago#2
Do you mean Pillars of Eternity or Path of Exile? Because GD and Pillars are quite different games in concept, while Path of Exile is the same genre as GD.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#3
2 different genres. As mentioned above, you should be comparing Grim Dawn to Path of Exile, Pillars of Eternity is very different from both of those games.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Undrtaker

Undrtaker
3 weeks ago#4
Yeah, I meant Path of Exile
mixed up my POEs :-(
There is only one god and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death. Not today.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 weeks ago#5
Well, Grim Dawn plays a whole lot more like a traditional Diablo style, right down to equipment use, skill progression, etc., so may be a bit more comfortable if you're used to that. Path of Exile is still very similar, but it handles a couple things very differently. Skills are primarily earned through equipment and gems, rather than your character build itself. There are also "synergies" and stuff when you have linked gem slots on an item, which make your skills in PoE more flexible in many ways. Also, the character upgrade system is ridiculously big, but once you get the hang of it, it actually works pretty well.

I'd say both. Seriously - PoE is free, so it's not like it'll cost you anything extra to get that *and* Grim Dawn...
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
3 weeks ago#6
Undrtaker posted...
Yeah, I meant Path of Exile
mixed up my POEs :-(

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either one. I'd say both games are the best ARPGs out right now, with Grim Dawn being the best for an offline experience and Path of Exile being the best for an online experience (though playing solo is 100% viable)

Between the two though, I'd give it to PoE. Way more customization and depth, plus it's currently leading in content by a mile compared to other ARPGs (its 7th free expansion is releasing Dec 8).
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
3 weeks ago#7
i played both and like path of exile more
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Grim Dawn or Pillars of Eternity?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived