This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on Pillars of Eternity?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on Pillars of Eternity?

User Info: NoJobBob

NoJobBob
3 weeks ago#1
Curious about getting into this game.

My main questions are how is the party building? Can you customize your characters pretty well and have a wide range of skills to choose from?

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 weeks ago#2
There's an OK level of customization. You do get different skills to choose from so two characters of the same class could be reasonably different, but not radically so.

Writing is good, though the storyline wasn't exactly a nail-biter for me. Combat is so-so, as with any Real-Time with Pause system. I definitely think it's a good game if you're looking for more stuff like the old Infinity Engine games. If you've never played those before, then I suggest looking up videos or something.

NoJobBob
3 weeks ago#3
Also, would the definitive version be worth it? it just released

User Info: solosnake

solosnake
3 weeks ago#4
I personally didnt care for it. Its not bad, but Id rather play planescape, baldurs gate 1+2 or fallout 1+2 or icewind dale 1+2, ect
"We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping." ~ Dwyane Wade
http://i.imgur.com/MYYEIx5.gif http://i.imgur.com/WGE12ef.jpg

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
3 weeks ago#5
Good game, being evil (cruel+aggressive) is very satisfying. If you like other old infinity engine games (baldur's gate 1& 2 , icewind dale 1 & 2 etc ) you will like this one.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
3 weeks ago#6
Divinity Original Sin 2 is a different kind of game (turn based instead of constant combat) but as an rpg I enjoyed it waaaay more.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

NoJobBob
3 weeks ago#7
sfcalimari posted...
Divinity Original Sin 2 is a different kind of game (turn based instead of constant combat) but as an rpg I enjoyed it waaaay more.

I'm confused. Which one did you enjoy more?

I enjoyed DS2, but I skipped most of the text because the writing was pretty bad lol. The puzzles were also horrendous. Great tactical game though
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on Pillars of Eternity?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived