This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So a new expansion came out for Titan Quest

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So a new expansion came out for Titan Quest

User Info: AceFan84

AceFan84
4 weeks ago#11
dermoratraken posted...
Born Lucky posted...
Well they gave it a huge anniversary update last year, with improved graphics, support for hd resolutions, multiplayer restoration , etc.. . . . all for free.

So I don't think "lazy and greedy" apply here.

They reused assets of an old game, repackaged it, and sold it for $20. Then they made a low quality expansion to sell with it...

Wow....you must be a real joy at parties dude...
Now Playing: F1 2017 (PC), Destiny 2 (PC), NBA 2K18 (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Last Finished: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch)

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 weeks ago#12
AceFan84 posted...
dermoratraken posted...
Born Lucky posted...
Well they gave it a huge anniversary update last year, with improved graphics, support for hd resolutions, multiplayer restoration , etc.. . . . all for free.

They reused assets of an old game, repackaged it, and sold it for $20. Then they made a low quality expansion to sell with it...

Wow....you must be a real joy at parties dude...

I know right?

Here's the funny part - they did all that work and gave it to me for free, because I owned the original game - and this guy thinks I should be mad about that. lol
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Zohar_Metatron

Zohar_Metatron
4 weeks ago#13
Wanna say the original+Immortal Throne was already sitting around 15 to 20 bucks as it is. It's not like the game was sitting around as freeware until Anniversary Edition came along.

Hexenherz posted...
Isn't the game like really long? Not even grindy, just... long?

Real, real big map. Not a ton of acts or major objectives in those maps-by those metrics it's of a similar length to Diablo 2 or 3-but there's a whole bunch more stuff to cover between going from A to B. It's paced out okay, though. I don't think it started wearing out its welcome until about halfway through the expansion act, but A) by that point I'd actually technically beaten the thing and B) I was also playing a character class that was having a real bad time solo against the undead (lot of poison/bleeding AoEs, which are not things skeletons are concerned with) that make up a lot of the final act, so your mileage will vary.
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.

User Info: andrewman2000

andrewman2000
4 weeks ago#14
dermoratraken posted...
Born Lucky posted...

Not only that but they continued to support the game (10 patches in the last year) fixing bugs, fixing crashes, adjusting game balance, etc. Dirt bags...
I'm always thinking one step ahead. I'm like a carpenter ... who makes stairs - Andy Bernard

User Info: ChrisStarlite

ChrisStarlite
4 weeks ago#15
dermoratraken posted...
Born Lucky posted...

b****, b****, b****, it's all you do.

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
4 weeks ago#16
just got this game... well the base game anyway

how do mods work?

like if i use a mod... will my friend who ill be playing this with also need the same mod installed?
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
4 weeks ago#17
VermilionX posted...
how do mods work?

like if i use a mod... will my friend who ill be playing this with also need the same mod installed?

Yes, and saves/stashes are tied to the mod. In addition to that, if you want to use multiple mods you have to convince the authors to allow their work to be combined as mods are packaged before distribution and, AFAIK, you can't unpack them.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
4 weeks ago#18
Marikhen posted...
VermilionX posted...
how do mods work?

Yes, and saves/stashes are tied to the mod. In addition to that, if you want to use multiple mods you have to convince the authors to allow their work to be combined as mods are packaged before distribution and, AFAIK, you can't unpack them.

f***

sounds annoying

ill just play w/o mods since i will be coop'ing with friends

how does coop work? shared progress? drop in and out?
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg
(message deleted)

User Info: ChrisStarlite

ChrisStarlite
4 weeks ago#20
VermilionX posted...
how does coop work? shared progress? drop in and out?

It works exactly like any other games such as Diablo III, Grim Dawn, Torchlight II if you played them before.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So a new expansion came out for Titan Quest

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived