This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did people forget that Battlefront 1 kinda bombed and sucked in the first place?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Did people forget that Battlefront 1 kinda bombed and sucked in the first place?

User Info: Ibuymymnks

Ibuymymnks
3 weeks ago#1
Why were people buying BF2 in the first place?

User Info: dantedeschain13

dantedeschain13
3 weeks ago#2
It apparently sold 14 million, so I wouldn't call that a bomb
F*** you, Desert Bluffs

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
3 weeks ago#3
Star Wars.

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
3 weeks ago#4
dantedeschain13 posted...

EA would prolly think that was worse than a bomb, considering how money grubbing they are.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 weeks ago#5
dantedeschain13 posted...

Pfft. How dare you post facts to interfere with a fantasy land circle jerk.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#6
Its largest critique was fixed, which was the lack of single player, making it the first Star Wars AAA single player campaign in I don't know how long. Its next biggest critique (or close to it), was the lack of content and that content was held back for DLC. That was mitigated by making all the DLC for this game free (albeit with one of the most controversial "catches" of all time). The next issue after that was no space battles, also included in this iteration.

So without even getting into the game's quality, on paper you take a game that sold over 14 million copies, fix the biggest 3 problems while upping the graphics and audio quality, and it's easy to see where the hype comes from. Problem is, with those issues fixed everyone can now focus on the shallow gameplay.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
3 weeks ago#7
Maybe because people hoped 2 years of dev time was enough to fix the issues people had with the original in order to take a solid framework and build upon it to make it something truely worthy of the Battlefront name.

Shame half that dev time was working on the exact psychology to turn players into payers.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
3 weeks ago#8
Because they fixed everything?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
3 weeks ago#9
where's the logic in judging a game by its predecessors??

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#10
It didn't bomb, sucked well it was barebones.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Did people forget that Battlefront 1 kinda bombed and sucked in the first place?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived