This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Secret of Mana New gameplay footage.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Secret of Mana New gameplay footage.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#41
Should have done the graphics like tree of savior.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
4 weeks ago#42
AtmosOmega posted...

From what I've been able to gather, Secret of Mana was originally going to be a launch app for the CD expansion project that Nintendo and Sony briefly worked on for the SNES.

But after Nintendo canned the CD-addon project for the SNES (thanks to those EGREGIOUS CD-I Zelda games), Secret of Mana had to be chopped down to the bone to fit onto a regular SNES cart. This meant the most of the music had to be "re-remastered" to use the SNES's regular 8-channel ADPCM format.

You're thinking of a completely different game, Seiken Densetsu 3, which was never localized on the SNES.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seiken_Densetsu_3

Secret of Mana is Seiken Densetsu 2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_of_Mana

===================

It's funny how people are dogpiling on the music since it sounds like they ripped it straight from the original soundtrack verbatim.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: AtmosOmega

AtmosOmega
4 weeks ago#43
Amakusa posted...
You're thinking of a completely different game, Seiken Densetsu 3, which was never localized on the SNES.

Secret of Mana is Seiken Densetsu 2.

Um. No. No I'm not.

Seiken Densetsu 2 came out in Oct 1993. Nintendo pulled out of the SNES CD project with Sony early in the year, (after they basically stabbed Sony in the back by producing the Philips CD-I), which is why SD2/SoM is incomplete or oddly sparse in places (everything after getting Flammie especially).

They cut a bunch of content out of the end product to fit it onto an SNES cartridge and get it ready before the holiday season.

Seiken Densetsu 3 came out in Sept 1995, which is after the Playstation debuted. (if you know how the Playstation came into being, you will already know why this is relevant. Hint: It involves a partnership with Nintendo and them being a******s)

That makes it chronologically impossible for the game I'm talking about to be SD3. They would have to be Time Travelers for that to make sense...and speaking of time travel, you know what else came out only a couple months prior to SD3 in 1995? Chrono Trigger!
The game whose development is tied to Secret of Mana's in a very weird sort of way.
(Randi = proto-Crono, Primm = proto-Marle; no I am not making that up, their concept-designs are oddly similar for a reason)
If you don't like what a gaming company is trying to force upon you and the market, don't buy that company's games.
Cruel DRM can only flourish if you let it.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Secret of Mana New gameplay footage.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived