This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Know any good survival/building type games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Know any good survival/building type games?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#11
Friendly bump.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#12
Bump for survival.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
3 weeks ago#13
iemerg_ posted...
RUST and only RUST.
the rest are meh.

I’ve not played Rust in about a year. I saw a bunch of people complaining in the forums about recent changes but I have no idea what they think has gone wrong.

I’m not even sure Rust is a “survival” game the way TC meant it. It’s pretty easy to survive the in-game hazards. Rust’s biggest challenge is surviving the roaming gangs of 14 year olds, which is near impossible to do if you’re solo.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#14
ClunkerSlim posted...
iemerg_ posted...
RUST and only RUST.
the rest are meh.

I’ve not played Rust in about a year. I saw a bunch of people complaining in the forums about recent changes but I have no idea what they think has gone wrong.

I’m not even sure Rust is a “survival” game the way TC meant it. It’s pretty easy to survive the in-game hazards. Rust’s biggest challenge is surviving the roaming gangs of 14 year olds, which is near impossible to do if you’re solo.

I'll count Rust, but surviving raiding parties doesn't sound too fun.

User Info: knightauthor

knightauthor
3 weeks ago#15
Miasmata if you want a newer survival game without much building outside of meds/tonics. it also came out before the big rush of early access survival games. it's a full game too, not early access. it was also made by two guys.

Stranded 2 if you want to build/craft stuff. while it might not look realistic or have the best graphics, it's also free. it was released back in 2003.

edit: Stranded 3 looks like it might be released. while it doesn't have a release date, it looks better than #2.

User Info: JVolz1982

JVolz1982
3 weeks ago#16
Buy Factorio now!

User Info: almightydun

almightydun
3 weeks ago#17
tslu posted...
dont starve TOGETHER
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 weeks ago#18
Fits what you asked for but it's still slightly different: Kenshi. It's a mix of survival, base building, exploration and RPG. It sounds odd but the game is pretty nice. It's still in Early Access but it's supposed to be releasing early next year.

You can go around and scavenge but the main draw of the game is having your own base. You can grow crops, mine and build a wide variety of things, then use the raw resources to produce other things, e.g., grow wheat make flower then bake bread or mine metal and craft your own equipment.

You can happily just tend your base or try to automate tasks as much as possible (you can give characters task lists to do) and send a team to roam around and only eventually come back and resupply.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Superemppu

Superemppu
3 weeks ago#19
Space engineers
Factorio
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
3 weeks ago#20
captsplatter_1 posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
iemerg_ posted...
RUST and only RUST.
the rest are meh.

I'll count Rust, but surviving raiding parties doesn't sound too fun.

It's not even raiding parties. If you see another human being then your ass has got to run. I put about 400 hours in Rust before I got bored. I spent half that time running solo and half that time running in a clan. Rust is 100% about surviving other players. It's almost like PUBG, except the match never ends. It doesn't matter if you just woke up naked on the beach, these kids will mow you down.

The only way I managed to succeed solo was playing an ungodly amount of hours and being persistent as f***. After one reset I went to the back of the map and set up base on a small island. That first weekend a clan of 14 year olds used that double man jump glitch to get to my third story roof. I just heard my roof being pick-axed apart and I thought "oh man, I'm getting raided." I manged to kill one of them and tried cutting a deal. But they responded with, "we don't want your stuff. We want the island for our clan and your base gone." Well... when an entire clan comes to wipe you off the map there's not much you can do. They wanted me to destroy my foundation for them but no way was I going to make their job easier. I teleported out and logged in the next day to see the damage. Luckily most of the structure was still there. So I made a small resistance base hidden inside the remains, and then I spent the next week making the island inhabitable for anyone. I placed land mines and bear traps in every blade of glass, built trap bases, and I built a giant metal and stone bridge over the wall they were trying to build around the island, with a sign that said "Welcome Raiders!" I will say that you can get a lot done while all the kids are at school. But weekends and nights is mainly about hiding in your base... if you're playing solo.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Know any good survival/building type games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived