This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here knowledgeable about low internet speed issues?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone here knowledgeable about low internet speed issues?

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
3 weeks ago#1
So for the last week or so my internet has been running extremely slow. My router says I'm hitting around 3800kbps download and a mere 130kbps upload. Rang my ISP and they told me I should be getting around 14000kbps download. Personally I've never hit those speeds and my consoles would usually show hitting around 8000-10000kbps down and 800kbps upload. I spent a good hour and a half on the phone to the ISP where we tried everything from changing the router settings, changing where where the phone line was plugged into, taking the phone line out altogether and just having the router plugged directly into the port ect. Nothing changed and the router continued to display the same speeds (3800/140kbps).

They had a technician out yesterday to check whatever they have to check outside to see if there was any faults and so far they have found none. So now I have to wait for the technician to come to my house next week and do some more tests. They haven't yet ruled out an outside problem though.

Also when downloading something on my Xbox, it shows the download speeds and I watch the speeds fluctuate from completely stopping the download to hitting download speeds of 4400kbps, and it continues to fluctuate rapidly. The only thing I haven't tried on my end is changing the router. I don't have a spare one and neither does anyone I know. I've had the router for about 7 years now. It's a Netgear DGN2200. Not sure if it's normal or not but the router does feel pretty warm to touch, probably as warm as my PS4 or Xbox One X.

One other thing to note is my neighbour supposedly had a letter from her ISP claiming due to rail works and some new system they're putting in (I live directly behind a rail line) that there's been an interference with her internet. Though she says her internet has been running slower(10%), but not slow enough to cause any noticeable issues. My neighbour on my other side also had slow internet speeds but her ISP fixed it already.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man- The Dude

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
3 weeks ago#2
Bump:

Would a faulty router make those speeds fluctuate or would a faulty router just not give me an internet connection at all?
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man- The Dude
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone here knowledgeable about low internet speed issues?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived