This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help me choose which game to play next

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help me choose which game to play next

User Info: TheNemesis

TheNemesis
3 weeks ago#1
I have a huge game backlog. It have a hard time choosing the next game to move on to. I generally like most genres but I’ve played WoW for the past 12 years and I need something to pull me away. I enjoy online games a lot as well as RPGs/strategy and action/adventure games. Shooters are fun too but there has to be something solid about it like Bioshock or Metroid Prime. Here is my game backlog:

The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, Evil Within 2, Nier Automata, Titanfall 2, Nioh, Pillars of Eternity, Middle Earth: Shadow of War, Wolfenstein II, Fallout New Vegas, Dishonored 2, Hitman (full season), Tomb Raider (and Rise of Tomb Raider), Dark Souls 3, Resident Evil 7, South Park Fractured but Whole, Batman The Enemy Within, Watch Dogs 2, Darkest Dungeon, Dragon Age Inquisition, Metal Gear Solid 5, XCom 2: War of the Chosen, Planet Coaster, Civ VI (hell, Civ V too), Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy X (Remaster, and I've beat it before but back on PS2 like in '02).

I also have the typical online games like CS:GO, Overwatch, LoL, Diablo 3, HoTS. I’ve put extensive time into all of them but not sure if I want to get sucked back into CS or OW until I put a dent in my backlog.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

User Info: boochy

boochy
3 weeks ago#2
Witcher 3 is probably the best modern RPG out right now.
Steam - Duck Tales LOL
Intel I7 5820k(4.4ghz)- 16GB Corsair Vengeance - EVGA 1080ti - Alienware 34" Curved 3440x1440 Ultrawide Gsync 120hz monitor

TheNemesis
3 weeks ago#3
Yeah I have a few hours put into it and it seems cool but the controls sort of put me off at the time. However I have heard the DLC is awesome.

User Info: JVolz1982

JVolz1982
3 weeks ago#4
There's a lot of good games to choose from. I vote for Xcom 2: War of the Chosen or Dark Souls 3.

User Info: Batto13

Batto13
3 weeks ago#5
Witcher 3 no question, just takes like 5 hours to get used to the controller then it really gets fun!

Plus the story is amazing

User Info: GundamMonX

GundamMonX
3 weeks ago#6
I agree with Witcher 3. Although be aware that the base game is about 80 hours of playtime. If you have both expansions, it goes up to 120. So keep that in mind if you're focusing on clearing out games from your backlog.
"If Keanu Reeves didn't look so non-Asian, he would never have made it into Hollywood."--LuminescentRule

TheNemesis
3 weeks ago#7
I’m not too focused on clearing my log quickly. More about finding a good game that I can get into and just enjoy playing. I’ve got some time into XCom 2 and Dark Souls 3 and I have enjoyed them. Dark Souls is fun but difficult at times (duh).

I have it narrowed down to a handful of games and I’ll probably jump into them later tonight when I have the time. Thanks for the replies!

User Info: Gex33

Gex33
3 weeks ago#8
If the last time you played final fantasy x was on ps2 then definitely play it now! I’ve played and beaten it about 10 times on the multiple console realeases (ps2,ps3,ps4,ps vita,pc) and had a blast playing every second of it, trust me you won’t regret it, I like the pc version cuz they have a little cheat menu for all items and max levels and you can also fast forward grinding 4x speed but it doesn’t affect cutscenes or dialogue
XBL GT: Gex3 PSN: Gex33

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
3 weeks ago#9
The Witcher 3. It's the game that every single gamer out there needs to play.

It is LEAGUES ahead of anything that has come out in the entire history of gaming!

And if you wanna continue to ride the awesome train, after playing it I recommend Fallout: New Vegas, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider(although I've heard that Tomb Raider itself is even better), and Resident Evil 7!
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 weeks ago#10
I'd opt to go through the Titanfall 2 single player. It's actually quite fun, not too long and then you're able to tick another off your list.

Next, I'd vote 'Evil Within 2', again not too long and another to tick off.
Ryzen 1600X | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync (1ms G2G)
Switch
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help me choose which game to play next

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived