This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Battlefield 1 really dead?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Battlefield 1 really dead?

User Info: Solhdier

Solhdier
4 weeks ago#1
I always wanted to play it but didn't have a good PC until now, but I read is basically dead so I wouldn't like to buy it just to find matches mostly empty.
Mexican ? Block

User Info: cory1225

cory1225
4 weeks ago#2
No still has 20k playing. Bf1stats.com
i5 6600k | GTX 1080 | 16Gb

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#3
Nope not till the next BF comes out and even then peope will still ne playing this
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
4 weeks ago#4
I benchmarked Battlefield 4 a few months back on my budget PC and there were still plenty of people playing that game yet.

I don't own BF1 but I can imagine if BF4 is still going strong. BF1 I'm sure is doing just fine.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
4 weeks ago#5
cory1225 posted...

That doesn't mean anything. That's a total number. But the amount that's online at a given moment may be drastically different and lower. The true benchmark is how fast you can get a game after you press the button. If it's anything higher than 10-15 minutes, it's dead.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
4 weeks ago#6
randomoaf posted...
cory1225 posted...

That doesn't mean anything. That's a total number. But the amount that's online at a given moment may be drastically different and lower. The true benchmark is how fast you can get a game after you press the button. If it's anything higher than 10-15 minutes, it's dead.

10-15 minutes for an fps match. No thanks, imo it's dead if it takes more than 5, tops.

User Info: boochy

boochy
4 weeks ago#7
Battlefield has a server browser so you don't have to wait to find matches. There are dozens of full servers every night. It is far from dead.
Steam - Duck Tales LOL
Intel I7 5820k(4.4ghz)- 16GB Corsair Vengeance - EVGA 1080ti - Alienware 34" Curved 3440x1440 Ultrawide Gsync 120hz monitor

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
4 weeks ago#8
I live on the US East Coast.
My experience has been:
-Conquest matches are always easy to load into if you just do quickmatch.
-For any other game mode, you're best using the server browser. Most decent servers I find are actually in Europe, so my ping is around 100. Not the best, but it reduces the frustration I get from trying to find a populated server in the first place.
-Operations are popular, but good luck trying to do an Operation from the expansion content.

It is a very beautiful game and there are more than enough people playing it still, you just gotta know what to look for and how to set up your filters imo.
i dont like signatures

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
4 weeks ago#9
They moved onto battlefront 2. BF1 is deader than roadkill.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Dirk85UK

Dirk85UK
4 weeks ago#10
I play via quickmatch and the vast majority of the time it takes 1-2 seconds to find a match on most modes throughout the daytime and evenings. Sometimes though for some reason some modes have no matches on, usually the "They Shall Not Pass" expansion maps. I'm in Europe btw.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Battlefield 1 really dead?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived