This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xcom Enemy within is so confusing....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Xcom Enemy within is so confusing....

User Info: NoJobBob

NoJobBob
3 weeks ago#11
Voidgolem posted...
The main and only thing to keep in mind is that places can't be targetted by abductions (and thus have their terror level go up) if they have a satellite at the start of the month.

ergo, your number 1 priority is to get satellites and satellite nexuses running ASAP.

Still confused...

Should i get them running asap or wait until their in high panic or at the end of month? So much info contradicts stuff in this game

User Info: youshallbeasgod

youshallbeasgod
3 weeks ago#12
NoJobBob posted...
Voidgolem posted...
The main and only thing to keep in mind is that places can't be targetted by abductions (and thus have their terror level go up) if they have a satellite at the start of the month.

ergo, your number 1 priority is to get satellites and satellite nexuses running ASAP.

Still confused...

Should i get them running asap or wait until their in high panic or at the end of month? So much info contradicts stuff in this game

You have to deploy satellites after the satellite uplink is built. The sat uplink gives you 'satellite slots'. You can save satellites for emergencies. The most efficient way is to build in a square shape for adjacency bonuses. (2 uplinks, 2 nexus)
Relax, it's just a game.

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
3 weeks ago#13
Satellite Nexuses/uplinks are important to get running since those increase satellite capacity.

If nobody is at high panic;
Wait until just before evaluation to launch them. Besides country bonuses, it doesn't do anything to launch them right away. Also if a country goes into max panic they'll very likely leave the XCOM project when the evaluation comes. When a country leaves, they never come back and you can never benefit from them for the rest of the playthrough. So lowering their panic down from max just before evaluation will prevent them from leaving.

I'm not saying to wait past an evaluation point before launching a satellite though. You need that dosh.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 weeks ago#14
Boge posted...
Xcom Enemy Unknown/Within had time limits? I don't recall that, and if it did, they didn't bother me.

It's the bomb missions you can randomly get from the council. There were quite a few but were admittedly annoying.

Boge posted...
Also, mods... Don't let one small thing ruin a game for you when it's so easily fixed.

XCOM: EW is not really as moddable as XCOM 2 is, though.

NoJobBob posted...
Voidgolem posted...

Still confused...

Not really contradicting - you need to have the satellites but wait to launch them. As I said previously, you need to wait to shortly before the report for the month where you get your grade and money for next month. I think it takes 4 days after launching a satellite for it to be in position and operational, so you need to launch them 5 days before the end of month report. This way, you can accurately asses which countries need a satellite over them and you still get all the money for the month, as well.

If you launch the satellites as soon as you get them, you might get a streak of bad luck and a country that wasn't really panicking at the beginning of the month suddenly leaves at the end and you can't do anything about it. Since countries only leave at the beginning of a new month (as part of the report) if their panic level is maxed out, that's why you want to wait for the last possible moment.

If no county is currently panicking, you still need to launch the satellites - at the beginning of the month you get money for each country you have a satellite over, so you need to launch them in time to get that cash. Resources can be quite scarce in the beginning and every little bit helps. In addition, countries that have satellites cannot be targets for alien abductions, which means they won't really be getting as much panic increase. They can still get some from other missions but alien abductions are guaranteed each month and the you get to respond to one of three locations - the other two places you DON'T go will get extra panic. That's why it additionally helps to have more satellites online.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Xcom Enemy within is so confusing....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived