This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Task manager question (new to PC).

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Task manager question (new to PC).

User Info: lorac94

lorac94
4 weeks ago#1
Ok so when I open the task manager to check the cpu usage, I see that usage spikes to 100% for a second which it seems normal based on what I've researched. While on task manager, a game like Dishonored shows 50% usage v-synced 60, max. A game like Rainbow Six Siege gives me 60-80 high, however the fans gets crazy even on low settings, but when I check cpu, it's at like 60-80% ish and the fans cool down, once I exit task manager, fans go crazy again. Am I getting accurate readings while on task manager, or is there a way to open like a task manager overlay to see usage as the game is playing? Besides this, I'm enjoying gaming here.

I got this:

Dell - Inspiron 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - 256GB Solid State Drive - Black

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#2
lorac94 posted...
Ok so when I open the task manager to check the cpu usage, I see that usage spikes to 100% for a second which it seems normal based on what I've researched. While on task manager, a game like Dishonored shows 50% usage v-synced 60, max. A game like Rainbow Six Siege gives me 60-80 high, however the fans gets crazy even on low settings, but when I check cpu, it's at like 60-80% ish and the fans cool down, once I exit task manager, fans go crazy again. Am I getting accurate readings while on task manager, or is there a way to open like a task manager overlay to see usage as the game is playing? Besides this, I'm enjoying gaming here.

I got this:

Dell - Inspiron 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - 256GB Solid State Drive - Black

Do not expect low usage you have a Laptop and not a gaming one at that. The i5's in general are phasing out for gaming they old. Yes you are getting accurate readings it tells you what your using in real time. You can also kill tasks in the background to free up the CPU and GPU.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Task manager question (new to PC).

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived