This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help choosing 2.1 sound system

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help choosing 2.1 sound system

User Info: TroublemakerTM

TroublemakerTM
3 weeks ago#1
I would like to get a mid-ranged 2.1 sound system. I'm willing to spend around $150 for some good speakers and after looking at reviews, either Logitech Z623 or Klipsch Promedia 2.1 looks promising. If there are other speakers to consider, I'm open to them. I just need some opinions on the matter.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#2
Audioengine A2+ 2.0 for $250
(You can add a sub to make it 2.1 but i havent noticed the need)
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: TroublemakerTM

TroublemakerTM
3 weeks ago#3
$250 seems a little much. If I can get away with it being cheaper, that would be great. Is the price difference I get what I pay for?

User Info: How1e

How1e
3 weeks ago#4
It is. If you want nice sounding but colored and cheaper, can't really go wrong with:

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Certified-Computer-Speaker/dp/B000062VUO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1511093042&sr=8-2&keywords=klipsch+2.1

The A2+ are not reference either but they sound more precise to me. I've never heard them with a sub but I do know that both Klipsch and Logitech have muddy bass.
Maximus IX Apex | 7700K @ 5.2GHz | Trident Z 16GB @ 4000MHz | GTX 970 G1 1531/2000 | 950 Pro 256GB / 850 Evo 1TB | Adam A7X / Sub10 | Prism Orpheus

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
3 weeks ago#5
Wouldn't go for a Logitech Sound System to be honest.
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#6
MasterFeeler posted...
Wouldn't go for a Logitech Sound System to be honest.

i wouldnt either but the sub does booooooom xD.....my grandmother likes that
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 weeks ago#7
If you are an audiophile that cares more about "flat & boring but accurate audio" then feel free to spend more.

I'd rather have more fun audio that pops the noises I want to hear over the boring stuff.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: KingisLegend

KingisLegend
3 weeks ago#8
I've had the Logitech Z623 for around 4 months now and they still blow me away, They sound great and the bass rattles the house.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
3 weeks ago#9
zhenghan posted...
Audioengine A2+ 2.0 for $250
(You can add a sub to make it 2.1 but i havent noticed the need)

I have a Logitech 5.1 (model number on back of sub, maybe I'll crawl under and grab it later) I got for $150 almost eight years ago. I use it as a 2.1 set, kept the extra speakers in case the current two ever go (have yet to).

Still beats the sound quality of most $300ish sets. I have no idea what Logitech was thinking putting this out into the wild, but whatever.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
3 weeks ago#10
wizardmon posted...
If you are an audiophile that cares more about "flat & boring but accurate audio" then feel free to spend more.

I'd rather have more fun audio that pops the noises I want to hear over the boring stuff.

On a website chock full of dumb statements, that one stands out.

And I'm not even going to waste my time with someone that has an idiotic mind set like that, so don't even bother with a response.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help choosing 2.1 sound system

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived