This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is it normal not to be able to see jpg files in email?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is it normal not to be able to see jpg files in email?

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
4 weeks ago#1
so long story short, I started a new job, they wanted some pictures of personal information I didn't have on me for the whole insurance and payroll bit.

2 days later they are telling me that they can't view the jpg files I sent them as they are coming up as some strange format in their words.

I want to know if this is normal, or if they are just screwing me around to get free work out of me(worst case scenario, I bring this to the attention of the company that hired them and I ask that I join that company since I am working directly with them)

I am sending them email through hotmail btw and they are receiving it through outlook.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 weeks ago#2
Actually some company firewalls block weird s***. One place i applied for blocked my application.
Try putting your files on drop box or Google drive and sending a link to the picture instead.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
4 weeks ago#3
Might be better to PDF everything.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
4 weeks ago#4
Viruses spread through most companies via email attachments, so naturally it became commonplace to block most direct file attachments.

If the files have valuable private information then send them in a passworded Dropbox or Google drive link.

If the files don't have any information that you don't want people seeing then you can just direct link a image from imgur or something.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is it normal not to be able to see jpg files in email?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived