This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any recommended PC speakers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any recommended PC speakers?

User Info: betatech

betatech
3 weeks ago#11
MasterFeeler posted...
betatech posted...
If you own a set, do you think it would make much of a difference with the centre speaker on the floor (don't know if it's just for bass or not)?

You have to put it on the desk which is one of the downsides of the Swan M10.

Shame as I can't really get anything more than a set of tweeters on my desk.

Chass1990 posted...
KingisLegend posted...
betatech posted...
Or is Logitech still ok for the budget?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Multimedia-Speaker-System-Subwoofer/dp/B0105Y2T5Y

I have these and they are beast for the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00413BI7Q/ref=psdc_4085881_t2_B0105Y2T5Y

I will +1 this one given your budget. Don't blanket believe in certifications but in my experience, Logitech's THX certified speakers are a few levels above their other speaker setups, especially in the sub, which I assume you care about since you want a 2.1 setup.

Looks like I might go for the Z623s, I especially like the integrated 'remote' into the speaker and bass control.

Do the mids/highs still sound ok or do they do something like what 'bass' headphones do and mess them up?
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, CM 690 II. Win 10/Win8.1 x64.

User Info: Chass1990

Chass1990
3 weeks ago#12
betatech posted...

Looks like I might go for the Z623s, I especially like the integrated 'remote' into the speaker and bass control.

Do the mids/highs still sound ok or do they do something like what 'bass' headphones do and mess them up?

they sound ok, the highs are the worst part (I feel like they drop off way too early), but not bad for the price really when you consider the whole package. They won't sound anything like a bassy headphone assuming you setup LFE crossover correctly and keep the bass on the sub and everything else on the satellites.
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 * Xeon E3-1246 v3 * Noctua NH-U12S * MSI GTX 970 * Sound Blaster Z * HyperX Savage 32GB * 850 Evo * Supernova G2 750W * Phanteks Enthoo Pro

User Info: betatech

betatech
3 weeks ago#13
Chass1990 posted...
betatech posted...

they sound ok, the highs are the worst part (I feel like they drop off way too early), but not bad for the price really when you consider the whole package. They won't sound anything like a bassy headphone assuming you setup LFE crossover correctly and keep the bass on the sub and everything else on the satellites.

Thanks.
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, CM 690 II. Win 10/Win8.1 x64.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#14
logitech z623 doesn't have dedicated tweeter drivers, which will explain the poor high frequency performance.

"full range" drivers are always full of s***, i always want dedicated midrange and tweeter drivers, dedicated bass driver is a bonus (space constraint makes this part hard for computer speakers). But I guess that's one of the shortcomings of the satellites + subwoofer design.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

Chass1990
3 weeks ago#15
yep this is true. That said, these sort of setups are fine when you're just watching movies or playing games. Sometimes it's even desirable for the treble to drop earlier, especially if you aren't listening to music much on it.
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 * Xeon E3-1246 v3 * Noctua NH-U12S * MSI GTX 970 * Sound Blaster Z * HyperX Savage 32GB * 850 Evo * Supernova G2 750W * Phanteks Enthoo Pro

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#16
Chass1990 posted...
yep this is true. That said, these sort of setups are fine when you're just watching movies or playing games. Sometimes it's even desirable for the treble to drop earlier, especially if you aren't listening to music much on it.

hmmm yea i can see your point. booming bass works really well for movies and games. when would it be desirable for the treble to drop earlier tho?
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

Chass1990
3 weeks ago#17
zhenghan posted...
Chass1990 posted...

hmmm yea i can see your point. booming bass works really well for movies and games. when would it be desirable for the treble to drop earlier tho?

Any sort of treble peaks can by annoying really, like an actress' high pitched scream during a movie, or that flash grenade going off. It could be up to preferences though, but I feel it's not as important when we're talking budget setups for immersing yourself in a movie or a game.

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#18
Chass1990 posted...
zhenghan posted...
Chass1990 posted...

Any sort of treble peaks can by annoying really, like an actress' high pitched scream during a movie, or that flash grenade going off. It could be up to preferences though, but I feel it's not as important when we're talking budget setups for immersing yourself in a movie or a game.

oh i see what you mean now. yea makes sense, i guess. right for a gaming budget setup, going without tweeter can make sense.

User Info: ToastyOne

ToastyOne
3 weeks ago#19
MasterFeeler posted...
Buy the Swan M10. Currently using it right now. Solid $100 speakers. Almost on par to AE A2+.

I've had my Swans M10 speakers for almost 10 years. They still sound great but they look horrible on my desk now.

The ones I have are the white ones or I should say were the white ones, now they have turned decidely yellow. I think Hivi used the same plastic used to make Super Nintendo consoles.

I bought a can of black spray paint for using on plastics and gonna fix the problem. Hopefully the end up looking decent and not like crap.

Honestly I'm getting tired of this big ass center speaker taking up so much space on my desk. I might get those $200 speakers posted earlier eventually.

Chass1990
3 weeks ago#20
ToastyOne posted...
MasterFeeler posted...
Buy the Swan M10. Currently using it right now. Solid $100 speakers. Almost on par to AE A2+.

I've had my Swans M10 speakers for almost 10 years. They still sound great but they look horrible on my desk now.

The ones I have are the white ones or I should say were the white ones, now they have turned decidely yellow. I think Hivi used the same plastic used to make Super Nintendo consoles.

I bought a can of black spray paint for using on plastics and gonna fix the problem. Hopefully the end up looking decent and not like crap.

Honestly I'm getting tired of this big ass center speaker taking up so much space on my desk. I might get those $200 speakers posted earlier eventually.

if you are in the US and are going for a 2.0 monitor setup, the JBL LSR305 is about the same price and a better option IMO. You could even add a JBL LSR310S later to make a 2.1 setup.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any recommended PC speakers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived