This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Steam still do flash prices during their Thanksgiving sales?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does Steam still do flash prices during their Thanksgiving sales?

User Info: FFVII_REMAKE

FFVII_REMAKE
3 weeks ago#1
I remember a few years ago Steam would further discount games from 50% to 75% and some even further like 85% or 90%. Well, I'm a grown up now with a blue collar job and I work at least 60 hours a week so I don't have time to even text or look at my phone all day for these limited time flash sales.

Do they still do this?

User Info: Rolen47

Rolen47
3 weeks ago#2
They don't do flash sales anymore. When they implemented the refund system they stopped doing flash sales. When the big sale hits, you just have to check it once and that's what the prices stay at during the whole thing.

User Info: FFVII_REMAKE

FFVII_REMAKE
3 weeks ago#3
Good to know, thanks.

User Info: revolver

revolver
3 weeks ago#4
Yeah, it's actually nice this way. Ridiculous feeling like I should check the sales multiple times a day.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
3 weeks ago#5
I enjoyed checking the sales multiple times per day and getting 90% off for my trouble.

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 weeks ago#6
Flash sales were nice when you caught a good one... it sucked when you happened to be asleep, busy, or otherwise you weren't glued to the computer hitting F5 constantly.

kobalobasileus posted...
I enjoyed checking the sales multiple times per day and getting 90% off for my trouble.

Yeah, that's great when it was 90% off... and when it wasn't 90% off on a garbage game or something that was 8 years old anyway.

I could probably count on one hand the number of times I got exactly the game I was hoping for at 90% off though. Most of the time it was a game I had no interest in.

Also those 90% off sales were way back in the beginning of their flash deals. Like I remember when they were experimenting and I think they sold TF2 for like 50 cents or something ridiculous (back when it normally cost $20). It was like they flipped a switch and then 5 minutes later flipped it back off.

Anyway, the more reasonable the time frames the sales became the less "90%" you got. I don't really miss it at all...and if you really want the good deals now, you go to a key seller since you can't refund a key.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: yars

yars
3 weeks ago#7
revolver posted...
Yeah, it's actually nice this way. Ridiculous feeling like I should check the sales multiple times a day.

it's nice not having to check constantly, not so nice that the sales suck now.
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
3 weeks ago#8
yars posted...
revolver posted...

Sales worse? Sure

Sales suck? yeah, because 40% off something that's only a year old is a rip off :P
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#9
Rolen47 posted...
They don't do flash sales anymore. When they implemented the refund system they stopped doing flash sales. When the big sale hits, you just have to check it once and that's what the prices stay at during the whole thing.

Rather have a refund system than a flash sale. But that's just my opinion.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: yars

yars
3 weeks ago#10
XianMei posted...
yars posted...
revolver posted...

Sales worse? Sure

Sales suck? yeah, because 40% off something that's only a year old is a rip off :P

they suck in the sense that you can get better deals from gmg/amazon/humble bundles, etc. all the time. i haven't bought a game directly through steam in years, because i can always get them cheaper elsewhere.
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does Steam still do flash prices during their Thanksgiving sales?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived