This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New TV, tiny cursor in some games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New TV, tiny cursor in some games?

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
3 weeks ago#1
To make this quick, I used to play on a regular TV with a 1920x1080 resolution. I upgraded to a 4K TV with a 3840x2160 resolution a few months ago, and for the most part, this works really well. The problem is, the mouse cursor is very small in some games, like Final Fantasy XIV and Grim Dawn. I have tried setting the resolution on the TV back to 1920x1080, but it didn't work. I did manage to change the cursor inside FFXIV, but while it was finally regular size, it was very slow. Think it's hardware cursor, not sure. Not really into all the tech stuff anymore.

So anyway, are there any quick tips I can try to solve this?
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~

User Info: Dirk85UK

Dirk85UK
3 weeks ago#2
If you play games at 4k, the UI/mouse cursors will obviously be much smaller compared to 1080p. There's nothing you can do about it, unless certain games have options to adjust the UI/mouse cursor.

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
3 weeks ago#3
But as I said, I turned down the resolution to 1920x1080 (tried both in windows and in the game), but it has no affect on the cursor size. Shouldn't it make the cursor larger?
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#4
Go to your ease of access menu. See if that does it.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New TV, tiny cursor in some games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived