This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Baldur's Gate II

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Baldur's Gate II

User Info: revolver

revolver
3 weeks ago#21
cancerquake posted...
the npc and amkethran quests are the best part of BG2 so yeah tc you've already seen the best the game has to offer

hopefully you did planar sphere, umar hills, sewer cult, and windspear hills because those are the best

I did all those and they were very good. My favorite of them was planar sphere, it reminded me of Planescape: Torment.

When you put it like that I think the game is carried by it's side quests, if only the main quest was a little more interesting I'd probably have beaten it by now.

User Info: revolver

revolver
3 weeks ago#22
ihategod posted...
The modding scene for BG2 also brings a lot back to the game. Especially if you have the Throne of Bhaal expansion.

Yeah I'm playing the EE so I have that. I've heard Throne of Bhaal is great, and better than the main game.

User Info: SirHeiska

SirHeiska
3 weeks ago#23
Galbias posted...
Yeah, I get the feeling it's one of those games that people just have a massive nostalgia boner for and doesn't stand up very well by modern standards.

Not really nostalgia thing.
There is newly released enchanted editions and old game has still really active player and modder community.
So... There isnt really nostalgia glasses anywhere.

User Info: cancerquake

cancerquake
3 weeks ago#24
revolver posted...
ihategod posted...
The modding scene for BG2 also brings a lot back to the game. Especially if you have the Throne of Bhaal expansion.

Yeah I'm playing the EE so I have that. I've heard Throne of Bhaal is great, and better than the main game.

nah it's pretty linear and it's good exercise to see how overpowerful your party has become. so much absurd loot and xp is thrown around in throne of bhaal. did you play BG1? you will enjoy TOB a bit more if you played BG1
boom

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
3 weeks ago#25
revolver posted...
ihategod posted...

No, I'd say chapter 2 of SoA is the best part of the trilogy. I've done many playthroughs of the games over the years, and I usually burn out in ToB. If you're playing with Ascension, some of the fights in ToB are great, but it's too linear.
... even on Earth Mode.

User Info: PhazonReborn

PhazonReborn
3 weeks ago#26
Icewind Dale > Baldurs Gate 1 and 2

IWD is about 25 hours, has a quick pace, lots of action and a great "table session" DnD storyline.
The Phazon you know and trust since 2004

PhazonReborn
3 weeks ago#27
Also I 100% agree that once you get out of Chapter 2 the game plummets into mediocrity.

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
3 weeks ago#28
chandl34 posted...

No, I'd say chapter 2 of SoA is the best part of the trilogy. I've done many playthroughs of the games over the years, and I usually burn out in ToB. If you're playing with Ascension, some of the fights in ToB are great, but it's too linear.

Non-linearity is overrated. ToB's linearity is an absolutely perfect thing for me after all the open fields of BG1 and all the side quests of BG2.

I don't know why people are bothered by it or by the rest of BG2 either. The Underdark is a bit tedious -> that aside, its absolutely great that the game starts getting some focus.
SFJake Website - http://sfjake.byethost7.com

PhazonReborn
3 weeks ago#29
jake-sf posted...
chandl34 posted...

Non-linearity is overrated. ToB's linearity is an absolutely perfect thing for me after all the open fields of BG1 and all the side quests of BG2.

I don't know why people are bothered by it or by the rest of BG2 either. The Underdark is a bit tedious -> that aside, its absolutely great that the game starts getting some focus.

Holy s*** Jake-sf post that isn't super snide and full of bitter contempt for something?

J/k

I like focus too, in some ways. I prefer BG1 to BG2 by a long shot.

But I still prefer IWD to them both

User Info: GTL581

GTL581
3 weeks ago#30
PhazonReborn posted...
\Holy s*** Jake-sf post that isn't super snide and full of bitter contempt for something?

i know, right? s***'s weird
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Baldur's Gate II

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived