This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which requires more skill: Overwatch or League?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which requires more skill: Overwatch or League?

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
3 weeks ago#11
BearShrooms posted...
completely different kind of skills. League requires some twitch but a lot of mental processing ability. Overwatch is pure twitch.

You might get a lot of backlash for this.

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 weeks ago#12
Overwatch.

MOBAS dont really take that much skill, only knowledge of the items and characters.

User Info: RainblowDash

RainblowDash
3 weeks ago#13
OverWatch, it's an FPS so you have to actually be able to aim well.
Ryzen 7 1700X - Sapphire RX Vega 64 - ASRock Fatal1ty X370
Samsung 960 EVO 500gb - G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16gb - Silverstone SX700 700W

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
3 weeks ago#14
MOBAs are mechanically extremely boring. Thats why I always laughed at how huge they are as ESports. I'm sorry, I don't get it. Watching a match of LoL is so f***ing tedious and the mechanical moments that matter are so f***ing rare, and thats not even counting all the time they're just dancing around each other, poking and last-hitting minions, GIVE ME A BREAK HOW IS THIS AN ESPORT.

Overwatch isn't the most demanding FPS, mechanic wise, but the way it and a lot of things in it works at least leaves a lot more room for skill to get you out of a tough spot.
SFJake Website - http://sfjake.byethost7.com

User Info: WaffIeElite

WaffIeElite
3 weeks ago#15
League without question. Overwatch's characters are way too casual and simple, as well as extremely short matches. Blizzard deliberately designed Overwatch to be as casual as possible. There's not even a f***ing scoreboard, because of the crybabies in WoW.
I have a signature. Apparently this is important, but I still don't have my secret cool kid decoder ring yet.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
3 weeks ago#16
Absolutely League, but this board is really casual when it comes to MOBA. Overwatch takes skills too, but they are vastly different skills. Overwatch takes FPS skills, which is twitch reflexes and aiming skills, and modest team work

MOBA take absurd levels of judgement, positioning, teamwork, memory, and twitch reflexes.

It's two different skill sets, but if you try to crudely compare them, it's not contest.
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: KingisLegend

KingisLegend
3 weeks ago#17
Overwatch requires no skill at all... Just pick Soldier or Bastion and go HAM on the enemy team.

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
3 weeks ago#18
Knighted Dragon posted...
Absolutely League, but this board is really casual when it comes to MOBA. Overwatch takes skills too, but they are vastly different skills. Overwatch takes FPS skills, which is twitch reflexes and aiming skills, and modest team work

MOBA take absurd levels of judgement, positioning, teamwork, memory, and twitch reflexes.

It's two different skill sets, but if you try to crudely compare them, it's not contest.

And almost everyone is extremely stupid when it comes to their judgment of Overwatch.
SFJake Website - http://sfjake.byethost7.com

User Info: m0986-8

m0986-8
3 weeks ago#19
KingisLegend posted...
Overwatch requires no skill at all... Just pick Soldier or Bastion and go HAM on the enemy team.

You must be bronze in overwatch
7700K 4.5GHZ | GTX 1070 | 16 GB RAM 3000MHZ | Samsung Evo 500GB | Asus Z170 A-R

User Info: KingisLegend

KingisLegend
3 weeks ago#20
m0986-8 posted...
KingisLegend posted...

You must be bronze in overwatch

I don't play comp anymore and when I did I think I was bronze.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which requires more skill: Overwatch or League?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived