This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question on making wired connections wireless

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question on making wired connections wireless

User Info: Goodziilla

Goodziilla
3 weeks ago#1
Nothing overly important, I'm just curious if it can be done

Cut end of a cable, add wireless connector to either side of said cable, wireless connect. Not quite sure what the name of this would be, so on my search I return to the ever resourceful gamefaqs.

Maybe it's more complicated than I realize, but just emulating a wire over a wireless connection seems like it would be useful.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 weeks ago#2
Goodziilla posted...
emulating a wire over a wireless connection seems like it would be useful.

For what exactly?

To connect through wireless you need a wireless router and connect all devices to that. If the computers don't have inbuilt support for wireless, you can use a USB wireless card or a PCI one.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 weeks ago#3
They make things like that. You plug an ethernet cable into a wireless transmitter and then login to it with an IP address, almost like a router, to configure the wifi name and password. One of my roommates had one.
Something similar to this.
https://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Universal-Ethernet-Adapter-GWU627/dp/B004UAKCS6
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question on making wired connections wireless

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived