This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question for people who think that The Witcher 3 is hot garbage

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question for people who think that The Witcher 3 is hot garbage

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
3 weeks ago#1
Since so many people on this board are convinced that it's a terrible game, I'm curious what single player rpg you've actually enjoyed from the last few years that had a big focus on the storyline.

To be clear, I'm referring to ones that are single player only. Something like Borderlands or Diablo doesn't count here.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: d209999

d209999
3 weeks ago#2
Except absolutely no one says this
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

XianMei
3 weeks ago#3
I've heard a LOT of people say that they hate it on this board actually. Which is why I'm curious about what they actually like.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
3 weeks ago#4
Dragons Dogma

I don't think its hot garbage tho I just think it had a lot of boring filler and wore out its welcome. I preferred the witcher 2.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
3 weeks ago#5
Most action RPGs on PC have garbage mechanics and thats what I hate about them.

I personally haven't actually tried Witcher 3. I tried 1 and it was AWFUL. I tried Witcher 2 and while it was better, it just didn't feel right.

Just because the story is the focus doesn't mean the gameplay should be bad, but especially on PC bad gameplay for RPGs is excused at every f***ing turn.
SFJake Website - http://sfjake.byethost7.com

XianMei
3 weeks ago#6
jake-sf posted...
Most action RPGs on PC have garbage mechanics and thats what I hate about them.

I personally haven't actually tried Witcher 3. I tried 1 and it was AWFUL. I tried Witcher 2 and while it was better, it just didn't feel right.

Just because the story is the focus doesn't mean the gameplay should be bad, but especially on PC bad gameplay for RPGs is excused at every f***ing turn.

Yes, I'm quite aware that you and many others think that it's hot garbage. That's why I'm asking you to list a single player rpg from the last few years that you actually enjoy.

User Info: hardy3786

hardy3786
3 weeks ago#7
The real question is, what's the next topic he will post in next 5 hours?

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
3 weeks ago#8
What game should I play next pt6
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
3 weeks ago#9
I don't think that it's hot garbage. But the combat left a lot to be desired, not bad, just too simple and too 1 dimensional. Even on death march the game isn't really hard. Dodge-dodge-dodge-light attack-light attack /repeat. Sure you can "make more" out of it, but it seems silly and too simplistic at some point.

And I get it, he is who he is. But it's just too much repetition for such a long game.

User Info: Borticus1

Borticus1
3 weeks ago#10
XianMei posted...
I've heard a LOT of people say that they hate it on this board actually. Which is why I'm curious about what they actually like.

Maybe it's because I've never played it (too many kids in the house to play a game of that nature) but all I've noticed is many people calling it the "Best modern RPG" and a few people saying "Good but not for me." Besides the occasional troll, I haven't seen any real haters.
"Your superior intellects are no match for our puny weapons" - Kang
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question for people who think that The Witcher 3 is hot garbage

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived