This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question for people who think that The Witcher 3 is hot garbage

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question for people who think that The Witcher 3 is hot garbage

User Info: ZeroCharge

ZeroCharge
3 weeks ago#11
I don't hate the game, I just didn't enjoy it very much. Not a bad game, just not my cup of tea sort of thing.
Corsair A540 Cube Case | SABERTOOTH Z97 MK I | i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz | H110i | 16GB Dominator Platinum 1866 | MSI Gaming X 1080Ti | Corsair AX1200 | W10

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
3 weeks ago#12
XianMei posted...
I'm curious what single player rpg you've actually enjoyed from the last few years that had a big focus on the storyline.

To be clear, I'm referring to ones that are single player only. Something like Borderlands or Diablo doesn't count here.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: d209999

d209999
3 weeks ago#13
Stop trying to force a narrative where one doesn’t exist. Go back to your games checklist
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
3 weeks ago#14
d209999 posted...
Stop trying to force a narrative where one doesn’t exist. Go back to your games checklist

^

so much this.. lawls...

XianMei
3 weeks ago#15
d209999 posted...

yeah, the narrative doesn't exist, which is why a few people have chimed in saying that they don't like the game.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 weeks ago#16
XianMei posted...
d209999 posted...

yeah, the narrative doesn't exist, which is why a few people have chimed in saying that they don't like the game.

... What?

Not a single person in this thread said that the Witcher 3 was a bad game.

Stop forcing your fake agenda, your goals don't even make sense anyways as I don't see how you would benefit from someone disliking a game to the extreme of calling it garbage.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

XianMei
3 weeks ago#17
XianMei posted...

ZeroCharge posted...
I don't hate the game, I just didn't enjoy it very much. Not a bad game, just not my cup of tea sort of thing.

jake-sf posted...
Most action RPGs on PC have garbage mechanics and thats what I hate about them.

I personally haven't actually tried Witcher 3. I tried 1 and it was AWFUL. I tried Witcher 2 and while it was better, it just didn't feel right.

Just because the story is the focus doesn't mean the gameplay should be bad, but especially on PC bad gameplay for RPGs is excused at every f***ing turn.

User Info: ryouma17

ryouma17
3 weeks ago#18
d209999 posted...
Except absolutely no one says this

i say it all the time the witcher is a horrible series, thats my opinion and you are free to agree or disagree with me i also dont like the dark souls series

as for the TCs question, valkyria chronicles

EDIT: the original valkyria chronicles not the horrible sequals
http://i.imgur.com/GIugA1n.gifv

XianMei
3 weeks ago#19
ryouma17 posted...
d209999 posted...
Except absolutely no one says this

i say it all the time the witcher is a horrible series, thats my opinion and you are free to agree or disagree with me i also dont like the dark souls series

as for the TCs question, valkyria chronicles

EDIT: the original valkyria chronicles not the horrible sequals

Alright, cool. Thanks for answering the question. BTW, I f***ing looooooooove Valkyria Chronicles!

User Info: GeseztKatze

GeseztKatze
3 weeks ago#20
As other people posted, I don't think it's a hot pile of garbage, but I didn' enjoy it at all. I thought the controls were a bit stiff and unresponsive, the combat was not engaging enough and even the movement felt sluggish to me. Not fun.

But I do understand why people like. The visuals are stunning, and the story, people say, it's very engaging. It was not for me, I guess, because I wasn't invested in the lore at the time (and I'm still not invested) and because I thought Gerald wasn't an interesting character. I didn't like any of the characters at first sight.

I haven't thought of that, actually! I couldn't care less about the characters for the time I was playing it. They could all drop dead and I wouldn't even notice. That's not good. LOL.

Maybe it had to do with the way they presented them in the first hours. I played for around 13 hours before dropping it because of boredom and never came back.

Other than that, I guess I'm a "gameplay first" kind of gamer. I like games with good story, but only if the gameplay is fun, somewhat fun or at least non-intrusive. It's not the case with The Witcher 3, at least not for me. Only story and presentation cannot hold my attention if I loath the gameplay.

It's one of my favourite subjects because it's one of the those games everybody praises and I avoid like the plague.

As for the question: Okami, Fallout New Vegas and Final Fantasy 4.
I should really start finishing the phrases I...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question for people who think that The Witcher 3 is hot garbage

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived