This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A good mother board for an i7 8700k

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A good mother board for an i7 8700k

User Info: ImmortalityV

ImmortalityV
3 weeks ago#1
I was told that this CPU would be best for a gtx 1080 graphics card. Is this true?

Also I should go over 3000 for the DDR4 ram right? Or is Intel's i7 8700k compatible with DDR3?
Should I wait for a new CPU to come out, when will they be out?
--------------------------------------------------
*Proud Social Justice Warrior*

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#2
Might want to wait for the Z390 boards now.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

ImmortalityV
3 weeks ago#3
captsplatter_1 posted...
Might want to wait for the Z390 boards now.

okay thank you.
(message deleted)

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#5
Also you will probably need new RAM anyways. Comes with the package with CPU/Mobo upgrade.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

ImmortalityV
3 weeks ago#6
captsplatter_1 posted...
Also you will probably need new RAM anyways. Comes with the package with CPU/Mobo upgrade.

Where do I buy the CPU mother board package if I have a graphics card already and a case?

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#7
ImmortalityV posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...

Where do I buy the CPU mother board package if I have a graphics card already and a case?

Oops sorry, what I mean by package is when you upgrade the mobo/CPU, you have to also upgrade the RAM. Although they do sometimes package the CPU/Mobo during bundle deals.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#8
It's only on major changes that you need to upgrade the RAM, though I'm always tempted to pass down my old mobo/CPU/RAM to another PC in the house so do so anyway...

ImmortalityV
3 weeks ago#9
captsplatter_1 posted...
ImmortalityV posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...

Oops sorry, what I mean by package is when you upgrade the mobo/CPU, you have to also upgrade the RAM. Although they do sometimes package the CPU/Mobo during bundle deals.

What type of ram should I look for?

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#10
That depends entirely how much/if at all you intend to overclock. The objective difference faster RAM makes has changed over the years so I make no subjective claim if it's worth it buying RAM faster than the CPU officially supports.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A good mother board for an i7 8700k

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived