This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am looking for a fun game similar to Diablo, I would like a suggestions from..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I am looking for a fun game similar to Diablo, I would like a suggestions from..

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
3 weeks ago#11
coldshadowater posted...
friend of mine already suggested Torchlight 2

I'll say it is okay, but excessively streamlined. You just pick up thousands of items and sell it in masses, you don't even have to return to town as you can just send your pack animal.

Some people like that but it makes the whole experience feel tension-less and inconsequential to me. I got really tired after just 10 hours or so.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
3 weeks ago#12
Playing a lot of Titan Quest. Its reallly slow at the start but gets better. I have issues with internet connections and lag with Path of Exile. Grim Dawn is fun but I find it weird that I have to shoot strange balls to get loot after killing a boss. Always play summoner build, less clicking.
No time for games so I twitch. Youtube is good. Two monitors at any one time. My graphics card ist krap.

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
3 weeks ago#13
If you looking for a less expensive game($10 retail) , I found Ember enjoyable. It is a recent game(2016) and has been described as being similar to Torchlight, Titan Quest, Diablo, Grim Dawn, Baldur's Gate, Pillars of Eternity, Dungeon Siege or Neverwinter Nights in the reviews. It is not as complicated as some of the older games, but has nice graphics, a good story and a fabulous soundtrack. It might not be the best rpg out there, but I think it provides great value for what you are paying for it.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#14
Kharillle posted...
Grim Dawn is fun but I find it weird that I have to shoot strange balls to get loot after killing a boss.

Well, the devs* did that back in Titan Quest too when you killed the titan bosses.

*- Iron Lore Entertainment was the original developer for Titan Quest. When they shut down several of them formed Crate Entertainment, known for Grim Dawn.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Kharillle
3 weeks ago#15
Yeah, played some Grim Dawn, think I did the first major boss and now they're telling me to go East. I think I'll try to finish Titan Quest, and hope to get the new dlc on gog soon.
No time for games so I twitch. Youtube is good. Two monitors at any one time. My graphics card ist krap.

User Info: neroAngelo

neroAngelo
3 weeks ago#16
If you want a challenge, try Nioh. It has a Diablo style loot system.
PSWii360U - This is how I triforce http://i.imgur.com/9qF9vGa.jpg
i7 6700k@4.5, 32GB DDR4, 1070 G1 8GB, 512GB 840 pro, 960 GB SanDisk Ultra II, HTC Vive

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#17
Kharillle posted...
Yeah, played some Grim Dawn, think I did the first major boss and now they're telling me to go East. I think I'll try to finish Titan Quest, and hope to get the new dlc on gog soon.

The Greece section does drag on slightly, but once you get to Egypt and beyond the change of scenery and pacing pick up a bit.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: coldshadowater

coldshadowater
3 weeks ago#18
neroAngelo posted...
If you want a challenge, try Nioh. It has a Diablo style loot system.

Hmm.. Really? I actually have that game but never played it yet
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

Kharillle
3 weeks ago#19
DuneMan posted...
Kharillle posted...

The Greece section does drag on slightly, but once you get to Egypt and beyond the change of scenery and pacing pick up a bit.

Yeah, fights are a bit hard for the first few hours. And you don't get that many abilities, its a hard slog. Bearing in mind I use a summoner, I can focus on running away and letting my pets do all the hard work. Would be hard doing other types such as getting up close.

User Info: coldshadowater

coldshadowater
3 weeks ago#20
Thank you.. Might try Grim Dawn then
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I am looking for a fun game similar to Diablo, I would like a suggestions from..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived