This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shadow of war vs assasins creed origins?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Shadow of war vs assasins creed origins?

User Info: Huolihan

Huolihan
3 weeks ago#1
Which did you or are you enjoying more?

I have yet to get origins but I’m playing through shadow of war right now and having a lot of fun I want to get origins but heard the combat was pretty bad so I’m not sure yet.

User Info: darktemplar20

darktemplar20
3 weeks ago#2
I have Shadow of War, but haven't played much of it. I found it much harder to get pulled into then I did for Shadow of Mordor.

I did get AC:Origins from a co-worker for free, and I have been loving it. I played it for a day when it came out, but then got sucked into Super Mario Odyessy. After beating that, I decided to pick Origins back up and it's been great so far. I actually enjoy wandering Egypt, and I'm not even that far into the game yet. (I only just got to Alexandria).

On a note about combat: it's different. Where AC more or less created and perfected the combat system that Shadow of War uses (with the assistance of the Batman games), Origins takes it in a completely different direction. It's not just attack, attack, press button to Counter, attack some more. You need to analyze your surroundings and the number of guards that are nearby. You can't simply rush in and slash everyone to pieces without thinking. You'll actually have to dodge at certain times, maybe perform a heavy attack to break an opponent's shield stance, and then go in to attack. Additionally, since you have a level, enemies have levels to, and the game clearly marks if you'll get your ass handed to you, or if you can actually stand a fighting chance.

I'll definitely pick up Shadow of War (likely after I'm done with Origins), but it just didn't suck me like the previous game did.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#3
darktemplar20 posted...
I have Shadow of War, but haven't played much of it. I found it much harder to get pulled into then I did for Shadow of Mordor.

I did get AC:Origins from a co-worker for free, and I have been loving it. I played it for a day when it came out, but then got sucked into Super Mario Odyessy. After beating that, I decided to pick Origins back up and it's been great so far. I actually enjoy wandering Egypt, and I'm not even that far into the game yet. (I only just got to Alexandria).

On a note about combat: it's different. Where AC more or less created and perfected the combat system that Shadow of War uses (with the assistance of the Batman games), Origins takes it in a completely different direction. It's not just attack, attack, press button to Counter, attack some more. You need to analyze your surroundings and the number of guards that are nearby. You can't simply rush in and slash everyone to pieces without thinking. You'll actually have to dodge at certain times, maybe perform a heavy attack to break an opponent's shield stance, and then go in to attack. Additionally, since you have a level, enemies have levels to, and the game clearly marks if you'll get your ass handed to you, or if you can actually stand a fighting chance.

I'll definitely pick up Shadow of War (likely after I'm done with Origins), but it just didn't suck me like the previous game did.

Mad Max copies Batman's fighting too.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
3 weeks ago#4
captsplatter_1 posted...
darktemplar20 posted...

Mad Max copies Batman's fighting too.

Yes but batman is........well batman there is only one BAT!!!!
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
3 weeks ago#5
Huolihan posted...
Which did you or are you enjoying more?

I have yet to get origins but I’m playing through shadow of war right now and having a lot of fun I want to get origins but heard the combat was pretty bad so I’m not sure yet.

I have both and they are both a great game....if you like capturing Capt. Orcs and leveling them to get a specific one and well killing Orc non stop lol. Then you will get a lot of enjoyment out of this and there is a ton of reputability.

Origins is great just like Black Flag was it is just set in that era of Egypt and it is HUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUGE spaning several sectors and there is soooooooooooooooooo much to do and find it will take you 80+ hrs to find everything and that is with 8hr sessions a day lol.

If you want to get a exploration game get Assassins Origins and if you want a Capturing Orc game get Shadow of War.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Shah138

Shah138
3 weeks ago#6
mucloud posted...
Origins is great just like Black Flag was it is just set in that era of Egypt and it is HUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUGE spaning several sectors and there is soooooooooooooooooo much to do and find it will take you 80+ hrs to find everything and that is with 8hr sessions a day lol.

I just beat the game a couple hours short of 50 hours and managed to clear every ? on the map and do all the sidequests. I didn't finish the arena or elite Hippodrome races but I can't imagine they would add over 30 hours of play time.
Spectre of Dark Aether

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
3 weeks ago#7
SoW > Origins
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
3 weeks ago#8
btw, SoW is getting a mix of free and paid DLC tomorrow: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOt9HusUQAAi5Fo.jpg

I haven't been playing since Destiny2 came out but that looks pretty cool. I do want more orc tribes so I'll probably be getting them too. I won't be getting the season pass though because I don't think I'll be wanting to get into a new campaign mode next year, probably just continue here and there with the end-game content. The thing I'm really looking forward to though is the online fight pits releasing Dec 5th. I'll have to start training my orcs for that...
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#9
mucloud posted...

unless you develop amnesia every time you close and boot up the game, it would make no difference what your play session length is. 80 hours is 80 hours, whether you play 1 80 hour session or 80 1 hour sessions.

and as pointed out, no the f*** it isn't 80 hours. but then again, this is why my sig used to read "never listen to mucloud"

@mucloud
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Shadow of war vs assasins creed origins?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived