This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

1440p 144hz g sync monitor for 350

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 1440p 144hz g sync monitor for 350

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 weeks ago#1
Good deal from Best Buy!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-qhd-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p?skuId=5293502
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#2
I got the 24 inch varient, sucks kind of cause I spent the same amount as this 27 inch varient. But you know how it is, the deal was ending and wasn't sure there would have been something better. I do sit close though and I do find 24 inch plenty big. And if I have to downgrade to 1080p in the future it won't hurt as much as if I was playing on a 27 inch.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

daemon_dan
3 weeks ago#3
I picked one up, my local store had one for pickup. Holy s*** I can NOT express the JARRING difference in smoothness between high frame rate gaming, and Gsync. Damn
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."

User Info: FoxtheSly

FoxtheSly
3 weeks ago#4
I got this monitor back in July for $450. Great monitor, don't regret my purchase. And G-Sync is awesome. :)
I start to think, and then I sink into the paper like I was ink;
When I'm writin' I'm trapped in between the lines, I escape when I finish the rhyme.

daemon_dan
3 weeks ago#5
FoxtheSly posted...
I got this monitor back in July for $450. Great monitor, don't regret my purchase. And G-Sync is awesome. :)

Yeah it is. This is my first experience with it.

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
3 weeks ago#6
I have this monitor as well. Coming from an old 60hz Asus PB278q monitor, this Dell one has s*** color. Super dull looking and washed out but no other monitor comes close to this feature packed at this price. Get it if you want the high refresh rate/gsync at the expense of everything else. All I use it for is Overwatch (everything else I do on the TV) so it suits my needs well enough.
My Home Theater: http://m.imgur.com/a/la41r

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
3 weeks ago#7
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
I have this monitor as well. Coming from an old 60hz Asus PB278q monitor, this Dell one has s*** color. Super dull looking and washed out but no other monitor comes close to this feature packed at this price. Get it if you want the high refresh rate/gsync at the expense of everything else. All I use it for is Overwatch (everything else I do on the TV) so it suits my needs well enough.

I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed by the colors. Yeah this is a great price but no matter how much tweaking the colors seem washed out and I can't get the gammaximum set right.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
3 weeks ago#8
shmirlywhirl posted...
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...

I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed by the colors. Yeah this is a great price but no matter how much tweaking the colors seem washed out and I can't get the gammaximum set right.

There are plenty of settings people have posted but none of them are good and the panels themselves have very little quality control. The best buy I got mine from had six of them open box all with terrible backlight bleed in different parts of the screen. Luckily mine barely has it.
My Home Theater: http://m.imgur.com/a/la41r

daemon_dan
3 weeks ago#9
Coming from a 1440p IPS monitor, yes, the color is a little less impressive. But everything else dominates that one negative. And tweaking the color and contrast on my own has proved to get the color very near my old one. Only thing I can't get out of this one is deep blacks. They all look a little weaksauce black. Like super ultra dark grey almost black but not quite. Other than that, I'm LOVING this purchase.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#10
daemon_dan posted...
Coming from a 1440p IPS monitor, yes, the color is a little less impressive. But everything else dominates that one negative. And tweaking the color and contrast on my own has proved to get the color very near my old one. Only thing I can't get out of this one is deep blacks. They all look a little weaksauce black. Like super ultra dark grey almost black but not quite. Other than that, I'm LOVING this purchase.

I still need to mess with the settings, ya its washed out compared to my TV. Ya I'm loving it too. 1440p is great, when playing at 1080p its a blurry mess, ugh! The Gsync is really nice too since my framerate is all over the place keeping a smooth picture.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 1440p 144hz g sync monitor for 350

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived