This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Overwatch for $20??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Overwatch for $20??

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
4 weeks ago#1
How is it? Is there a community that plays it on here? I'm usually playing PUBG, CS:GO, and ARMA but want something new to try and was really thinking about it since its on sale right now through Blizzard.
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#2
It'd be simpler just to play it yourself during the free trial that's going till tomorrow.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
4 weeks ago#3
I played it on the Xone back in the day a little so I know it'll be 1000x better with mouse and keyboard controls how is the learning curve at this point on PC tho? Am I going to be thrown into games with players wayyyyy more skilled than me or does it have a pretty good matchmaking system?
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.

User Info: fallen_acolyte

fallen_acolyte
4 weeks ago#4
I think its a great game, but for some reaosn I just don't enjoy it

Its simply not my style of game, but its really fun for some. If you liked it during the free trails then I would recommend it
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
4 weeks ago#5
I bought it at launch, wasn't worth the $40 IMO. However, they've released a bunch of new heroes, maps and game modes since then. It's worth $20 for sure. It's the only MP game I put time into.

As for matchmaking, it depends. Quick Play is a roll of the dice. You could play against six random bronze level players or a six-stack of grandmasters. I don't play Competitive that much, but I do feel like the system does an okay job of pairing you up against players of similar skill. Don't really know how well the system works with new people, though.
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
4 weeks ago#6
Samurai_Man posted...
How is it? Is there a community that plays it on here? I'm usually playing PUBG, CS:GO, and ARMA but want something new to try and was really thinking about it since its on sale right now through Blizzard.

Pretty fun for a quick casual game. Competitive Mode is filled with a lot of toxic players, which is to be expected. You can easily drop 200 rating because X guy wasn't picking a hero that better suits the team's composition or Y guy that's throwing the game by not attacking because the team isn't trying hard enough.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
4 weeks ago#7
I enjoyed it at first but the lack of people playing the objective and instead playing team death match got to me so I moved onto rainbow six siege because at least in that you can still win playing team death match.

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
4 weeks ago#8
Sorta like Team Fortress 2 except with locked-in skills and cooldowns rather than loadouts. Matchmaking isn't perfect but you shouldn't be put against someone in the top 500 unless someone else in top 500 is on your team too - probably because they're playing with a friend who's new to the game or who has a very low hidden matchmaking rating (usually smurf account).
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: Ave07

Ave07
3 weeks ago#9
It's fun if you stick to Quick Play and Arcades as most toxic players play Competitive.
3DS|PC|PS3|VITA|PS4
i5 3570k|MSI GTX 970|8GB|W10 Pro

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
3 weeks ago#10
Bought it for $40 this year and love it.

A recently gifted this game to a relative. The more people that play OW, the better!
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Overwatch for $20??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived