This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Overwatch for $20??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Overwatch for $20??

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 weeks ago#11
Yeah, I'd say it's definitely worth $20. I'll agree you should just try the free weekend (if any time is even left on that at this point) and see for yourself though.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
2 weeks ago#12
fallen_acolyte posted...
I think its a great game, but for some reaosn I just don't enjoy it

It's one of these tug of war multiplayer games where it's designed to let everyone feel like a winner at various points, regardless of skill. Skill matters, but the ceiling is quite low.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 weeks ago#13
gwizzler posted...
I bought it at launch, wasn't worth the $40 IMO. However, they've released a bunch of new heroes, maps and game modes since then. It's worth $20 for sure. It's the only MP game I put time into.

As for matchmaking, it depends. Quick Play is a roll of the dice. You could play against six random bronze level players or a six-stack of grandmasters. I don't play Competitive that much, but I do feel like the system does an okay job of pairing you up against players of similar skill. Don't really know how well the system works with new people, though.

Have they added DM to it yet?
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
2 weeks ago#14
How long is it on sale for?
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 weeks ago#15
Probably not long at all (as in... hours maybe?), if it's even still on sale now.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
2 weeks ago#16
It's on sale til 11/27 I'm seeing if I can convince any of my friends to get it to play with me because I would actually like to play to win and not just join an all out death match in an objective based game lol.
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
2 weeks ago#17
Fade2black001 posted...
gwizzler posted...
I bought it at launch, wasn't worth the $40 IMO. However, they've released a bunch of new heroes, maps and game modes since then. It's worth $20 for sure. It's the only MP game I put time into.

As for matchmaking, it depends. Quick Play is a roll of the dice. You could play against six random bronze level players or a six-stack of grandmasters. I don't play Competitive that much, but I do feel like the system does an okay job of pairing you up against players of similar skill. Don't really know how well the system works with new people, though.

Have they added DM to it yet?

Yes, there's standard DM and TDM.

Samurai_Man posted...
It's on sale til 11/27 I'm seeing if I can convince any of my friends to get it to play with me because I would actually like to play to win and not just join an all out death match in an objective based game lol.

There's DM and TDM in Overwatch now.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif
(message deleted)

User Info: fan360

fan360
2 weeks ago#19
Pro Tip.

Blizzard's popular games don't drop in price.

The one drops is the one no one plays.
It takes 5+ minutes to find a game.
When it does, I play with someone who plays 3 times more than I do.

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
2 weeks ago#20
fan360 posted...
Pro Tip.

Blizzard's popular games don't drop in price.

The one drops is the one no one plays.
It takes 5+ minutes to find a game.
When it does, I play with someone who plays 3 times more than I do.

This is false.

Blizzard's games are on sale a couple of times a year. Overwatch usually goes on sale during a free weekend play or when major new content is released. Also, on black friday weekend.

It only times a couple of minutes to find a game when you are in a FULL PARTY because it has to match you up with people within your level range.

I highly recommend Overwatch. It's amazing. It's $20 right now for the standard edition. The $30 edition comes with 10 loot boxes, exclusive skins, a pet for World of Warcraft, and a few other goodies. Either one is great.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Overwatch for $20??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived