This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't get this vrius off my computer

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't get this vrius off my computer

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
3 weeks ago#11
mucloud posted...
youshallbeasgod posted...
I think a System Restore Point can get rid of this type of malware.

Depends on the type if they were clever they would have deleted the Restore Point and even if you manage to restore it there might be a rewrite program to put it back in.

Exactly.

Whenever you somehow catch the funky stuff off the Internet, using a Restore Point is not the thing you go to in order to get rid of it. Use a dependable malware scanner and remover is the priority.

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
3 weeks ago#12
Reformat only takes like less than an hour these days..
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
3 weeks ago#13
I had once had a Trojan virus that showed up and called itself Chrome on my task managers details bar. It wanted to take up all my cpu cycles. (it was that Christmas when psn and other vid game services were being ddos for xmas.) I knew it couldn't really be chrome because I had never installed it before that time.
Malwarebytes did help a lot to get rid of it.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#14
MasterFeeler posted...

Re-implementing all the compatibility tweaks and such takes more though unless you meticulously keep track of all that.

That said, my general reaction to "this virus is a pain" is "destroy it all" (with important files backed up of course).

User Info: spike_spiegel

spike_spiegel
3 weeks ago#15
MasterFeeler posted...

reformatting is the easy part. The tedious part is restoring all your files, re-installing all your games and applications, updating/installing drivers, logging back into all your accounts that you previously never had to bother logging back into because you were signed in 24/7, etc. It ends up taking hours.

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
3 weeks ago#16
spike_spiegel posted...
MasterFeeler posted...

reformatting is the easy part. The tedious part is restoring all your files, re-installing all your games and applications, updating/installing drivers, logging back into all your accounts that you previously never had to bother logging back into because you were signed in 24/7, etc. It ends up taking hours.

Not to forget f***ing Windows update.
GG Riot - http://i.imgur.com/PinGPhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

User Info: learjet777

learjet777
3 weeks ago#17
You got nothing to loose now.

I would try EVERY virus and malware program available. One of them HAS to pick it up.

User Info: bubbub01

bubbub01
3 weeks ago#18
learjet777 posted...
I would try EVERY virus and malware program available. One of them HAS to pick it up.

OP Here

I found this website that listed where it was actually located. Deleted that folder and all was saved!

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
3 weeks ago#19
bubbub01 posted...
learjet777 posted...

OP Here

I found this website that listed where it was actually located. Deleted that folder and all was saved!

Congrats you have just completed your FIRST manual removal of a virus Ubisoft gold point 1.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: learjet777

learjet777
3 weeks ago#20
LOL from article.

"If your computer at work is infected, contact IT personnel instead."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't get this vrius off my computer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived