This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Omen monitor opinions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Omen monitor opinions

User Info: legefy

legefy
3 weeks ago#1
I've used my Samsung TV as my PC monitor for a couple months and frankly I think I've screwed the thing up now since it flickers and has these weird lines when full screen HDMI. Clearly it just wasn't up for being a PC monitor but I've learned from my mistake and am looking into getting an omen one.

Omen HP 32 inch gaming monitor with AMD freesynch 2560 x 1440 pixel quad HD 5ms 75 hz and of course, black.
Is the omen line a good way to go? Does it have a good reputation? It's on sale right now.
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 weeks ago#2
I don't think using a TV as a PC monitor would effect it like you described, suggesting you contact Samsung's support. (also, have you tried a different cable/port?)

General rule of thumb dealing with support teams: don't ever suggest that you did something wrong or give them a reason to fault you.

Rather than saying "I've damaged the display by using it on my PC." you should be saying "Over the last month my Samsung TV had been having problems while connected to any HDMI source."
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

legefy
3 weeks ago#3
I'm pretty much certain it's something I've done. I'd have overloaded the LCD or something. Here's a picture of the lines in effect
https://imgur.com/a/WKhY9

legefy
3 weeks ago#4
Sorry for bumping, could I get opinions on the omen please? Would that be enough for my computer?

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
3 weeks ago#5
I can't vouch for that specific model, but we had the G-Sync, 165Hz model on display at the Wal-Mart I worked at. It was pretty nice, but had an obnoxious red LED on the bottom of the monitor lighting up the "Omen" logo on the stand.
Now Playing: Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
Now, let's count up your sins!

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#6
wantfastcars posted...
I can't vouch for that specific model, but we had the G-Sync, 165Hz model on display at the Wal-Mart I worked at. It was pretty nice, but had an obnoxious red LED on the bottom of the monitor lighting up the "Omen" logo on the stand.

I imagine some black tape would fix that.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

legefy
3 weeks ago#7
It's a charm point~
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Omen monitor opinions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived