This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm probably going to stick with AMD GPUs as NVidia CP is lame

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm probably going to stick with AMD GPUs as NVidia CP is lame

User Info: BattleAxeRX

BattleAxeRX
4 weeks ago#1
I'm actually hoping to stick with my cousin's old nvidia 4gb because it's such a smokin' deal. But my topic hasn't gotten a reply and I'm a little antsy. I apologize, but maybe the topic should have started here in the first place

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000111-pc-tech-support/76009012

BattleAxeRX posted...
I have a windows 7 64bit i7 with 9gb. My cousin lent me his old nvidia:
http://www.gigabyte.us/Graphics-Card/GV-N770OC-4GD-rev-20

I bought a 600W PSU to try it out, but i can't set my color temperature AND use nvidia color adjustments at the same time. It's either use f.lux / redshiftgui or use nvidia settings.

My old radeon hd5900 (1gb) had the nice Catalyst controls that had everything i needed.

If i end up keeping the nvidia windforce (4gb) I'll give my cousin $100. Good deal right? But the damn control panel is cramping my style. Do i need to use windows to color calibrate?

Thanks for reading!
Resonance of Fate is the best JRPG you never played! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
4 weeks ago#2
I don't want to support Nvidia's shameful requirement to sign in for installing new drivers or using its program but if a AMD cards are that less efficient...

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
4 weeks ago#3
Voxwik posted...
I don't want to support Nvidia's shameful requirement to sign in for installing new drivers or using its program but if a AMD cards are that less efficient...

Unless this just started in the last few weeks you don't have to sign in to download drivers.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#4
Lol you hjad to sign in to download drivers?
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#5
Voxwik posted...

good thing that's not an actual thing
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 weeks ago#6
I think TC is confusing the drivers with the optional GeForce Experience bloatware.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm probably going to stick with AMD GPUs as NVidia CP is lame

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived