This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't developers focus on developing on PC

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why don't developers focus on developing on PC

User Info: FixedMan

FixedMan
3 weeks ago#11
mucloud posted...
Also the PS4 and xbox have 1 GPU and cpu base where the PC has a s*** ton more so by a Money and business standpoint it would make more sense to build for them first then port over to the PC.

But games are held back by these consoles.

Remember Crysis everyone tried to beef up their PC to play Crysis and it sold like hotcakes because it was game meant for the PC

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
3 weeks ago#12
FixedMan posted...
mucloud posted...
Also the PS4 and xbox have 1 GPU and cpu base where the PC has a s*** ton more so by a Money and business standpoint it would make more sense to build for them first then port over to the PC.

But games are held back by these consoles.

Remember Crysis everyone tried to beef up their PC to play Crysis and it sold like hotcakes because it was game meant for the PC

Haven't really been many more games after Crysis that this can be said for....Which is sad really that game was absolutely gorgeous back when it came out and still kinda is to this day.
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
3 weeks ago#13
Because truly having the best graphics of the bunch doesn't appeal to as many people as it's made out to be, and it's a lot easier to just go out and buy a console instead of building a pc, and not as many people want to put together a pc.

Convenience is more important to most people who have hobbies outside of gaming.

Oh, and the jerks that call themselves master racers aren't helping either. They make PC Gamers look like some of the most pathetic losers on the planet.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#14
XianMei posted...
Because truly having the best graphics of the bunch doesn't appeal to as many people as it's made out to be

given pro and X1X sales, it actually does.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: giglamesh99

giglamesh99
3 weeks ago#15
I think the average consumer is turned off by PC gaming.

First, the pc will cost more than a console, that's a big negative.

The constant upgrading of parts is another big turn off. Although in theory you don't need to upgrade for a few years, there's a stigma with PC gaming that you do.

And the last nail in the coffin is people think you need need to sit in an uncomfortable chair, staring at a small screen to game. Playing with keyboard and mouse can be intimidating. A lot of people aren't aware you can hook a pc to a big t.v.and use a controller or wireless accessories and game from your couch like a console.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#16
FixedMan posted...
Consoles are dying

Huh, so the Switch and X-Box One X aren't selling out? So all these news outlets must be incorrect. Oh wait, that's right, I live in our universe, not the bizarro PCH delusion zone.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#17
JKatarn posted...
FixedMan posted...
Consoles are dying

Huh, so the Switch and X-Box One X aren't selling out? So all these news outlets must be incorrect. Oh wait, that's right, I live in our universe, not the bizarro PCH delusion zone.

Switch is only selling out in certain countries, I can go buy one on Amazon right now.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

FixedMan
3 weeks ago#18
JKatarn posted...
FixedMan posted...
Consoles are dying

Switch is garbage how is it even selling out?

FixedMan
3 weeks ago#19
It's not even that hard strategy, develop a game where the graphics will melt the people's eyes, and everybody will build a PC.

Like what happened with Crysis.

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
3 weeks ago#20
If there weren't for consoles they'd have to cater to even lower-end PCs instead to target a big enough userbase. Otherwise they're just asking to go out of business.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why don't developers focus on developing on PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived