This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't developers focus on developing on PC

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why don't developers focus on developing on PC

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
2 weeks ago#31
yohabroha posted...
XianMei posted...
Because truly having the best graphics of the bunch doesn't appeal to as many people as it's made out to be

given pro and X1X sales, it actually does.

And yet the Switch is completely dominating them, and one of one of the systems highest selling games is Stardew Valley.

I'm thinking about getting one. Playing Skyrim on the go sounds amazing.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
2 weeks ago#32
yohabroha posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
yohabroha posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
I'm not the biggest fan of the Switch, but it's a semi-powerful console that fits on your pocket.

how f***ing big are your pockets holy s***

Big enough to hold a 7'' tablet.

Do you wear JNCO jeans

No, because I'm not an idiot.

But now I have to ask: where you live, regular jeans DON'T fit a 7'' tablet??? Because I wear very bland jeans and I can easily put my tablet on the front pocket.
Red Diamond: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUwltEBRrqs
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcsm2008

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
2 weeks ago#33
ClunkerSlim posted...
Star Wars Battlefront (PS4) = 8.2 million units
Star Wars Battlefront (XB1) = 4.2 million units
Star Wars Battlefront (PC) = 0.56 million units

Overwatch (PS4) = 3.5 million units
Overwatch (XB1) = 2.0 million units
Overwatch (PC) = 0.84 million units

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PS4) = 7.6 million units
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (XB1) = 4.6 million units
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PC) = 0.32 million units

Any questions?

Do they give solid numbers for downloads on PC games yet?
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 weeks ago#34
MarceloSampaio posted...
yohabroha posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
yohabroha posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
I'm not the biggest fan of the Switch, but it's a semi-powerful console that fits on your pocket.

how f***ing big are your pockets holy s***

Big enough to hold a 7'' tablet.

Do you wear JNCO jeans

No, because I'm not an idiot.

But now I have to ask: where you live, regular jeans DON'T fit a 7'' tablet??? Because I wear very bland jeans and I can easily put my tablet on the front pocket.

Levi 501’s, the most basic jean in this country, don’t, unless you’ve managed to stretch a pocket out and have it protruding from it as your thigh bends it.

That’s not even getting into where you put the joycons, your phone and your wallet without keeping one in your back pocket while you sit.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 weeks ago#35
XianMei posted...
yohabroha posted...
XianMei posted...
Because truly having the best graphics of the bunch doesn't appeal to as many people as it's made out to be

given pro and X1X sales, it actually does.

And yet the Switch is completely dominating them, and one of one of the systems highest selling games is Stardew Valley.

I'm thinking about getting one. Playing Skyrim on the go sounds amazing.

And yet, no. Switch is catching up. The install size for PS4 and X1 combined is already massive, there aren’t many people left on the fence about whether they want one or not. What is someone who’s owned the Pro for a year supposed to buy this year? Another Pro?
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Jimmys

Jimmys
2 weeks ago#36
OptimusRekt posted...
Probably just because they're lazy. You don't see Sid Meier making Civilization for console or Sega making Total War or Dawn of War for consoles. PC gamers want options and high optimization in their games, and if you add mods, man, you don't even have to develop anymore. For the longest period of time PC gamers had the cream of the crop of video games with giant sprawling adventures like Diablo 2 and World of Warcraft and Civilization 5 etc. and because those games are supported far longer than consoles are, we always can just go play them instead of some garbage port that a fan will likely have to fix themselves.

So in essence, longevity, lack of clear ways to advertise games in an overcrowded marketplace (why people are now publishing on Switch due to being easily seen vs. Steam), and a bunch of negative press keep games away from PC. What needs to be done to help PC gaming is to get 95% of the games on Steam off Steam and only put good games that have been tested on there, not asset flips or stolen garbage.

I don't know if it factors in but yeah the steam store is absolute garbage now, 10 years ago you could look at the specials list and there'd be 40 or so specials mostly all worth buying. Now theres 350 specials and its 90% absolute garbage not even worth thinking about a purchase. Steam store needs a purge
What Doth Life

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
2 weeks ago#37
Jimmys posted...
OptimusRekt posted...
Probably just because they're lazy. You don't see Sid Meier making Civilization for console or Sega making Total War or Dawn of War for consoles. PC gamers want options and high optimization in their games, and if you add mods, man, you don't even have to develop anymore. For the longest period of time PC gamers had the cream of the crop of video games with giant sprawling adventures like Diablo 2 and World of Warcraft and Civilization 5 etc. and because those games are supported far longer than consoles are, we always can just go play them instead of some garbage port that a fan will likely have to fix themselves.

So in essence, longevity, lack of clear ways to advertise games in an overcrowded marketplace (why people are now publishing on Switch due to being easily seen vs. Steam), and a bunch of negative press keep games away from PC. What needs to be done to help PC gaming is to get 95% of the games on Steam off Steam and only put good games that have been tested on there, not asset flips or stolen garbage.

I don't know if it factors in but yeah the steam store is absolute garbage now, 10 years ago you could look at the specials list and there'd be 40 or so specials mostly all worth buying. Now theres 350 specials and its 90% absolute garbage not even worth thinking about a purchase. Steam store needs a purge

Stores do not "need" purges to satisfy control freaks.

Just because you bought all the games that interest you doesn't mean everyone has.

User Info: Jimmys

Jimmys
2 weeks ago#38
Voxwik posted...
Jimmys posted...
OptimusRekt posted...

Stores do not "need" purges to satisfy control freaks.

Just because you bought all the games that interest you doesn't mean everyone has.

So you like looking at pages and pages of junk then? I'm not a control freak it's just much harder to find the juicy corn in the piles of s***
What Doth Life

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
2 weeks ago#39
MarceloSampaio posted...
Games usually sell a lot less on PC. Simple as that.

FixedMan posted...
Consoles are dying

Nah. Sadly, they aren't.

I'm pretty sure you meant thankfully.

And if anything consoles are just as popular, if not more popular than ever. Especially since we're getting consoles now that are better than the average PC gamers PC.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man- The Dude

User Info: TrashPandaJedi

TrashPandaJedi
2 weeks ago#40
Pirates. Why waste time and money knowing that majority of your games will be stolen and you wont get paid for it. Thats life of developer who makes PC games.
http://i.imgur.com/mLhEeaZ.gifv
Death Road to Canada = 10/10
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why don't developers focus on developing on PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived