This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't developers focus on developing on PC

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why don't developers focus on developing on PC

User Info: 27_Sandman_40

27_Sandman_40
3 weeks ago#51
ClunkerSlim posted...
Silvererazor posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
yohabroha posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
Star Wars Battlefront (PS4) = 8.2 million units
Star Wars Battlefront (XB1) = 4.2 million units
Star Wars Battlefront (PC) = 0.56 million units

Overwatch (PS4) = 3.5 million units
Overwatch (XB1) = 2.0 million units
Overwatch (PC) = 0.84 million units

Any questions?

i have a question, where are the other 28.5 million units in your overwatch figures?

Seems to be launch figures.

THen the figures still don't seem to fit, because at launch the PC-version of the game sold 18% of all units and PS4 49%. Which places makes the PC-number too low or the PS4-number too high.

Regardless of which set of numbers is correct... it illustrates the point.

“Regardless of whether or not my set of numbers are factual, it illustrates my point so long as you take my word for it!”
yankees ws chizzamps

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
3 weeks ago#52
ClunkerSlim posted...
randomoaf posted...
@ClunkerSlim nailed it

I thought so. Not sure why this thread is still going. I guess the thing about Brazilian pockets possibly being bigger was slightly interesting.

lmao

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
3 weeks ago#53
27_Sandman_40 posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
Silvererazor posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
yohabroha posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
Star Wars Battlefront (PS4) = 8.2 million units
Star Wars Battlefront (XB1) = 4.2 million units
Star Wars Battlefront (PC) = 0.56 million units

Overwatch (PS4) = 3.5 million units
Overwatch (XB1) = 2.0 million units
Overwatch (PC) = 0.84 million units

Any questions?

i have a question, where are the other 28.5 million units in your overwatch figures?

Seems to be launch figures.

THen the figures still don't seem to fit, because at launch the PC-version of the game sold 18% of all units and PS4 49%. Which places makes the PC-number too low or the PS4-number too high.

Regardless of which set of numbers is correct... it illustrates the point.

“Regardless of whether or not my set of numbers are factual, it illustrates my point so long as you take my word for it!”

I'm pretty sure that those numbers are basically correct since there were around 7 million players at launch according to that IGN graph. But even if that set of numbers are off, Silvererazor's percentages demonstrates the same thing, that consoles outsell PC on AAA releases. So like I said, it illustrates the point regardless.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
3 weeks ago#54
Because, like it or not, consoles are where the most profit is. Not only do console gamers outnumber PC gamers, console gamer almost always pay full price for their games while we get them incredibly cheapy thanks to things like Steam sales and Humble Bundles.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#55
HeliosMagi posted...
Because, like it or not, consoles are where the most profit is. Not only do console gamers outnumber PC gamers, console gamer almost always pay full price for their games while we get them incredibly cheapy thanks to things like Steam sales and Humble Bundles.

The overwhelming majority of PC sales are digital however, so while consoles rake in the most revenue and overall profit dollars, PC sales earn a higher profit % per unit sold. I'm not sure of the numbers for Steam vs. PSN/XBL as far as what the cut for each storefront is though. I've heard Steam and Microsoft are both really high, and Sony wouldn't just sit around taking less of a cut if they had a choice.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why don't developers focus on developing on PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived