This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best SSD deal?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best SSD deal?

User Info: xKANONx

xKANONx
3 weeks ago#11
FantasticGabe posted...
That's an m.2 drive, typically used in laptops. Unless you know you've got the slot for it, it's probably not what you're looking for. You want a 2.5" SSD.

THIS is worth the extras $20 if you're really concerned for longevity: http://a.co/0QyFKFY

Yeah i know it’s an m.2, and my MOBO does have the slot for it, so I guess it comes down to which ones the better brand? Samsung or Crucial?

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
3 weeks ago#12
Samsung drives have the best endurance bar none. Pro if you can afford it, but the Evo line is decent enough. At least better than whatever else is offered out there.
I'll... shave that cat.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#13
I got a 1TB Crucial MX300 for ~$230 and from everything I've read that's great bang for the buck.

If you want a little more speed look for the Samsung 850 Evo, for which the 512GB version is going for $150 or less right now.

User Info: FantasticGabe

FantasticGabe
3 weeks ago#14
xKANONx posted...
FantasticGabe posted...
That's an m.2 drive, typically used in laptops. Unless you know you've got the slot for it, it's probably not what you're looking for. You want a 2.5" SSD.

THIS is worth the extras $20 if you're really concerned for longevity: http://a.co/0QyFKFY

Yeah i know it’s an m.2, and my MOBO does have the slot for it, so I guess it comes down to which ones the better brand? Samsung or Crucial?

Samsung, no doubt. They are the Western Digital of SSDs- You may get more efficient $/gb going with another brand, but you will be paying with overall quality.
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
Formerly known as IBKNAWTU.

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
3 weeks ago#15
xKANONx posted...
I'm planning on getting a new SSD this week, would this be the best bang for my buck? Or does anyone know of something better?

https://i.imgur.com/UIyRtFz.jpg

I mean for $20 more you can get a Samsung Evo so imo that is a s*** deal.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#16
It's not a bad deal the Evo deals are just better is all.

User Info: xKANONx

xKANONx
3 weeks ago#17
Just bought the Samsung Evo, thanks for your help.

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
3 weeks ago#18
ITT - People who've only ever bought a Samsung SSD (probably literally just one) trying to say other SSD's are s***.
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster

User Info: yars

yars
3 weeks ago#19
Crucial are just as reliable as Samsung for ssds.
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.

User Info: TylerJ

TylerJ
3 weeks ago#20
I've had SSDs from Intel, Sandisk, Kingston, Crucial, Toshiba, Samsung and whatever the hell is in my current work Dell PC I'm typing on right now. Never had a single issue with an SSDs and I've been using them for 7 years across home and work devices.

I think generally speaking most recognisable brands are now supplying reliable SSDs; and realistically the write cycles are so hard to reach in every-day use, even for heavy users.

I'd personally be scanning the major retailers websites on Friday to see if anything comes up, but generally you can't go particularly wrong these days with an SSD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wScxZaWyL9A
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best SSD deal?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived