This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgrading from iTunes, suggestions?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrading from iTunes, suggestions?

User Info: TylerJ

TylerJ
2 weeks ago#1
I bought a Galaxy S8 this year (having had 8 years of iPhones) and so I'm feeling it less important to use iTunes as my main audio hub.

I know people have criticised iTunes for its poor optimisation and somewhat unintuitive UI, but since like the second iPod I've been using it so I've been [brainwashed/accustomed] to it for quite some time, and moving away seems like it could be a daunting task. But, I'm considering it because there might be something much better out there.

Bear in mind I have ~200GB of music (~15,000 songs and 200 podcasts) in my iTunes library, so migrating might be an epic pain in the arse, but that's a problem that never goes away. I've also got maybe 200 songs or so in Apple's proprietary format that I'll need to convert.

So, what are the options? Something like MusicBee I've seen mentioned, but I'm not really sure of the advantages or even whether there are plans to support it long-term.

I also want to avoid the scenario of messing up all my playlists if I can help it, as these are synced from my main PC to my phone, tablet and car.

Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wScxZaWyL9A

User Info: Ghost_Turtle

Ghost_Turtle
2 weeks ago#2
Ive been using winamp for over 10 years now and even though I dont think it's supported anymore, I still couldn't be bothered to checking out other music players. Still love winamp. Just my 2 cents.
Rofl House

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
2 weeks ago#3
FooBar2000 on Windows
JRiver/Media Center 23 on Mac
Now Playing: Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
Now, let's count up your sins!

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
2 weeks ago#4
Honestly, I just use Spotify Premium these days. Nothing can beat it.
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
2 weeks ago#5
Upload it all to Google Play Music, you can add like 20,000 of your own songs and access them anywhere for free. If you want you can subscribe monthly, but the radio feature is also free to use.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
2 weeks ago#6
Windows?
MusicBee
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
2 weeks ago#7
wildog2006 posted...
Upload it all to Google Play Music, you can add like 20,000 of your own songs and access them anywhere for free.

Uh, I tried that and it was pretty bad. You don't get any sort of structure after you upload, so unless your ID tags were meticulous, then re-creating playlists and stuff is a pretty big pain.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
(message deleted)

User Info: Ghost_Turtle

Ghost_Turtle
2 weeks ago#9
MasterFeeler posted...
Honestly, I just use Spotify Premium these days. Nothing can beat it.

Same here. s*** is so convenient. Still winamp installed tho..
Rofl House
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrading from iTunes, suggestions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived