This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why haven't Windows 7 users upgraded to Windows 10 yet?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why haven't Windows 7 users upgraded to Windows 10 yet?

User Info: KURRUPTOR

KURRUPTOR
2 weeks ago#61
nominturddaddy posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

Just f***ing upgrade!

Do you work for microsoft? Why would so you care what version of Windows i use? My god...

For the record I use 10 on my laptop because i wanted to try it out. Thought about doing the upgrade on my pc for dx12 but it hardly seems worth it thus far.

"Here is something better, you should upgrade and stop resisting."

"OMFG WHAT IS YOUR GOD DAMN PROBLEM?"

I'm not resisting and will upgrade as soon as there is something there that's worthy of actually doing it.

Better is pretty subjective btw. Imo 7 is better which is why I'm sticking with it on my pc. I use both pretty much daily and just prefer the look/feel of 7.
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
2 weeks ago#62
KURRUPTOR posted...
I'm not resisting and will upgrade as soon as there is something there that's worthy of actually doing it.

same, but so far i see 0 reasons. all it takes is 1 killer app that actually performs better in directX 12 (ie. higher minimums) and I would upgrade, if only just for 1 game. i quad boot and it is currently windows vista x2, windows xp 32 bit, windows 7. i could easily replace 1 of the windows vistas with windows 10 since i'm not even using it.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: KURRUPTOR

KURRUPTOR
2 weeks ago#63
zhenghan posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...

same, but so far i see 0 reasons. all it takes is 1 killer app that actually performs better in directX 12 (ie. higher minimums) and I would upgrade, if only just for 1 game.

Yes i thought about upgrading a little over a year ago when the first couple games started using dx12 (namely tomb raider) but the difference was barely anything and since then i barley hear anything about dx 12.

I'm pretty much in the same spot as you.
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
2 weeks ago#64
The main reason I upgraded was Gears of War 4. Which was genuinely a good call. From a technical perspective, at max settings, that game was so far ahead of its time. And still is. A/V was phenomenal. Game was pretty meh. But A/V. Stellar.

It's also nice to have anything I plug in just work. Don't need to install anything.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
2 weeks ago#65
someone posted this on a previous thread about pretty much the same topic of why are you W7 scrubs still not on W10, upgrade now. lolzz..

after he posted his very detailed response.. the microsoft W10 shills didn't/couldn't respond back. enjoy.

""W10 users assume everyone who hates Windows 10 do so because of privacy issues.

There are LOTS of reasons to hate Windows 10, the privacy issues are just one of them.

while W10 does offer some new features, mostly targeted toward newer technologies, most of them your average gamer doesn't give a damn about.
They just want their PC to work for internet browsing, gaming and other basic tasks.

Whatever the above offers does not weigh up against things like:

-forced updates that automatically restart your PC (whether you've set your active hours or not)

-setting that is on by default that uses your bandwidth to UL updates to others (your average user doesn't even know this is happening, besides "the internet is being slow again")

-all the background processing that uses resources: the reason why W10 often runs like s*** on a HDD, just too much is going on. W10 simply can't run without an SSD without some major workarounds, but still MS "upgraded" users while knowing this, leading to that 100% disk usage issue that has plagued it since forever

-Game mode, Xbox DVR and other stuff that is either unwanted or doesn't work properly or is enabled by default without your consent

-ads/bloatware everywhere, enough said. "just turn them off/uninstall" and then they mysteriously come back later after an update

-speaking of updates, major updates twice a year which is a pace too high for them but they insist on doing so. Your average user doesn't want their entire system uprooted twice a year with settings reverted, apps reinstalled, etc. They just want their stuff to work. And that's not even getting into the failed updates that potentially lead to lost data or a reformat.
Having to play Russian roulette with every update isn't wanted when you just want a stable machine

-Many, many bugs, some of which have existed since the early versions and still aren't fixed. Some of them are game breaking such as that 100% usage thing, others are merely annoying like broken search

-W10 takes far too many liberties which leads the user feeling he has to battle his own machine, when it should be just an OS. Things like drivers installing themselves even after you dismissed them and then there are ones that are known to be incompatible and mess up your PC but it keeps trying to reinstall them every time

-Or how it can turn itself on at 3 A.M. because it wasn't actually off because Power Off means Hibernate (just read that) to give the illusion of a faster boot. Your average user isn't going to know how to fix that and they have to physically unplug it to get it to stay off

-Telemetry, always online, cloud services and other "tinfoil hat" stuff: not everyone wants this and it shouldn't be on by default

And a whole bunch of other stuff but long ass post. Why would I want any of that opposed to an OS that just works and remains stable whether I'm there or not instead of magically rebooting?::""""

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
2 weeks ago#66
You can turn all the "on by default" stuff off and it stays that way.

I haven't had issues with any of the rest. Not since the early period at least, which was likely when most of this hate was born.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: Villain

Villain
2 weeks ago#67
game mode definitely increased performance on some games by 8-10 FPS on my HTPC
http://i.imgur.com/ZWNgMXL.jpg
Formally known as Will VIIII

User Info: Kalirion

Kalirion
2 weeks ago#68
Villain posted...
game mode definitely increased performance on some games by 8-10 FPS on my HTPC

8-10 fps means nothing if you don't say what the framerate in question was.
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.

User Info: Villain

Villain
2 weeks ago#69
I was running Dragon Ball Zenoverse 2 at about 50 FPS on my HTPC on mid settings and just turning game mode on got it running at 60.

I had also tested it before the update to make sure that I wouldn't see the game mysteriously drop when it was disabled. It ran at 50 FPS before I did the update which included game mode.
http://i.imgur.com/ZWNgMXL.jpg
Formally known as Will VIIII

User Info: Kalirion

Kalirion
2 weeks ago#70
50 to 60 is very good, yes. Of course then the question becomes what the framerate would've been in Win7.
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why haven't Windows 7 users upgraded to Windows 10 yet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived