This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In your opinion, what are a few must games every PC gamer should own?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. In your opinion, what are a few must games every PC gamer should own?

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
2 weeks ago#31
If someone was asking nicely:
Borderlands 2
If a gun was pointed to my head:
Hollow Knight
Now, say my name.

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
2 weeks ago#32
baseketballr09 posted...
Witcher 3

/end thread
Currently playing: Escape From Tarkov (EOD)
Coming Soon: Monster Hunter World (PC) | Street Fighter V: AE (PC)

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
2 weeks ago#33
Let' see...

RPGS:

The Witcher 3 obviously, it's leagues ahead of anything out there.

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines is an absolute must have.

Mass Effect 2 is an experience I think that just has to be played. So much, such a great story! So many great characters!

Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and Skyrim definitely. Especially Skyrim. I really like Fallout 4 a lot but I can understand the backlash. Hell I've never even really done many sidequests in the game, they just don't interest me.

I wanna say Fallout 2 but It's turn based and even for its time it looked absolutely terrible. and the combat is kinda slow. Plus the first few hours are kind meh.... Yeah, it's my favorite game, but I don't know.

Might and Magic 6 if you're if you're into dungeon crawling, I've yet to play a game that gave me more joy exploring dungeons...then again it's probably a bit too niche...yeah, maybe not.

I'm not big on them but the Dark Souls games are unbelievably great!

If you like Multiplayer, which more do than not, Overwatch, And Left 4 Dead 1 and 2.

Action games:

Doom 1 and 2 have aged really well for what they are, but they don't have much of a storyline, and most gamers, myself included have to have story they care about to enjoy a game. hmm, I don't know.

Half-Life 2 of course. man is it amazeballs!

Grand Theft Auto 4. Really fun gameplay, and super 3 dimensional character interaction. Plus Niko is just such a sympathetic character.

System Shock 2 and Dues Ex I wanna say, but they've kinda aged really really badly.

Borderlands 1 and 2 are just super fun, funny games.

Max Payne 1 and 2 just beg to be played. They're so amazing! So much joy in simplicity. Possibly the best tragedies in gaming.

Jedi Outcast is just so f***ing good! The fact that I've literally never seen it be recommended before I brought it up is so sad!

Bioshock Infinite is so much fun, and tells another really great story with great characters. Another amazing tragedy!

Dead Space is so much fun, and so scary! And I love the storyline so much. Everyone needs to play it!

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is also amazing.

Rise of the Tomb Raider really deserves to be played. And I hear the prequel is even better!

If you can handle really hard games, The Stalker games I can't recommend enough.

Adventure games:

Portal 1 and 2 from what I've seen are about as good as adventure games get.

Silent Hill 2....Oh god Silent Hill 2. Pure bliss. Best example I've seen of a game that isn't fun, but you don't care because you're so engaged with the experience!

Outlast is one of the kings of Atmosphere.

I suck at QTE, so I can't play them, but but there's so many unbelievably great games that they've made. The Walking Dead Season 1, Sam and Max season 1(this one I've actually played) for example.

And yeah, that's plenty.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: watertank

watertank
2 weeks ago#34
yohabroha posted...
Orange Box

JKatarn posted...
A Civilization title
Deus-Ex

JKatarn posted...
Minecraft

Jason_Hudson posted...
SWAT 4

XianMei posted...
Fallout: New Vegas

Kerr Avon posted...
Skyrim

ImaPC posted...
KaizerLaw posted...
Overwatch? are you ****ing joking?
That's what I was thinking.

Spec Ops: The Line
Europa Universalis 4
Rimworld
The Stanley Parable
DIRT Rally
GTA 4

And mods for all that apply.
Pineapples are in my head.
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/muttley1211/bug.gif

User Info: MMG_

MMG_
2 weeks ago#35
GTAV, modded Skyrim, Warcraft 3 (the game's outdated though).
BORED TO DEATH. I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored. I am bored.
http://i.imgur.com/sprnlxX.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. In your opinion, what are a few must games every PC gamer should own?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived