This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

User Info: thefabregas22

thefabregas22
2 weeks ago#111
Is this an American only thing? Hopefully.
Alexis Sanchez Didn't Piss Off To City And I'm So Glad
Honk For Ponk

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
2 weeks ago#112
jake-sf posted...
The internet is at the core of our society. Its core to the present and future of education, art, music, and even health as it is a vast source of interconnectivity and shared knowledge.

The open internet makes everything in life better. While this attack does not necessarily compromise all of this, its a first step.

No, it isn't. None of that is going away. It's not like an ideologically driven government is trying to suppress information, it's just some run-of-the-mill businessmen trying to increase their bottom line.

I'm not saying it isn't important, but it's stupid that people dying and unjustly rotting in prison, and the f***ing planet on it's way to becoming a wasteland, doesn't mobilize people the way that the thought of paying more for internet does.
thefabregas22 posted...
Is this an American only thing? Hopefully.

Yeah seems so. I believe I saw a Reddit post a while ago showing that Portugal already has 'Internet Packages', depending on what services you want to use. For example

€29.99 for Basic
€39.99 for Basic + Netflix + other video streaming services
€49.00 for the Basic + Video Streaming + Gaming
€59.00 for 'Complete' but data capped.

It seems that what the American's will be getting too.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync (1ms G2G)
Switch
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
2 weeks ago#114
I love how democrats always want to argue against the "both are s***" arguments by cherry picking individual issues and ignoring all the rest.

THEY ARE BOTH s***!

If you can't see how your party is just as corrupt and just as interested in f***ing you as the gop is then you're blind.
BearShrooms posted...
I love how democrats always want to argue against the "both are s***" arguments by cherry picking individual issues and ignoring all the rest.

THEY ARE BOTH s***!

If you can't see how your party is just as corrupt and just as interested in f***ing you as the gop is then you're blind.

Sounds like whichever political side you're on you should work as one, rather than fighting each other for scraps of what will be left behind.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync (1ms G2G)
Switch

BearShrooms
2 weeks ago#116
DaedalusEx posted...
jake-sf posted...
The internet is at the core of our society. Its core to the present and future of education, art, music, and even health as it is a vast source of interconnectivity and shared knowledge.

The open internet makes everything in life better. While this attack does not necessarily compromise all of this, its a first step.

No, it isn't. None of that is going away. It's not like an ideologically driven government is trying to suppress information, it's just some run-of-the-mill businessmen trying to increase their bottom line.

I'm not saying it isn't important, but it's stupid that people dying and unjustly rotting in prison, and the f***ing planet on it's way to becoming a wasteland, doesn't mobilize people the way that the thought of paying more for internet does.

Actually, when it comes to NN, freedom is the bigger issue. You may not think so now but what happens when your ISP doesnt allow you to visit sites for politicians that don't best serve their interests? Or when they don't let you get information for politicians that other politicians have worked with ISP's to block? What about when the only news websites you are allowed to visit are fake news or propaganda news?

It's stupid that people care so much about the price, "oh no, my internet might cost 20 more a month". Who cares? Well, apparently everyone, but what a stupidly insignificant reason that is.

BearShrooms
2 weeks ago#117
BrokenMachine85 posted...
BearShrooms posted...

THEY ARE BOTH s***!

Sounds like whichever political side you're on you should work as one, rather than fighting each other for scraps of what will be left behind.

You're right. But people in this country has become too polarized and ignorant. Too many people will vote "r" or "d" regardless of the actual politicians involved because of their ignorance. Misinformation and brainwashing is rampant and out of control and personal responsibility has become near nonexistent. Divide and conquer is a real thing and it's really happening right now.

User Info: gideond

gideond
2 weeks ago#118
BearShrooms posted...
BrokenMachine85 posted...
BearShrooms posted...

THEY ARE BOTH s***!

You're right. But people in this country has become too polarized and ignorant. Too many people will vote "r" or "d" regardless of the actual politicians involved because of their ignorance. Misinformation and brainwashing is rampant and out of control and personal responsibility has become near nonexistent. Divide and conquer is a real thing and it's really happening right now.

This right here is an excellent example of what is coming. People argue among each other blindly because we are going by so many fake news stories. That'll only get worse with the loss of net neutrality.

Personally I believe the politicians often are working together despite party affiliation. Unfortunately it's not for for the benefit of the people they are suppose to be serving.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 weeks ago#119
Gotta score ponts for our respective teams after all.

The internet in particular seems more interested in arguing over which side is right rather than actually trying to fix something. And in the case of Net Neutrality it seems sillier - that people are arguing over who's righter than the other. Or maybe who's fault all this is.

Doesn't freakin matter. All that matters is it *doesn't happen at all*.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
Dragon Nexus posted...
Gotta score ponts for our respective teams after all.

The internet in particular seems more interested in arguing over which side is right rather than actually trying to fix something. And in the case of Net Neutrality it seems sillier - that people are arguing over who's righter than the other. Or maybe who's fault all this is.

Doesn't freakin matter. All that matters is it *doesn't happen at all*.

People seem angry, and rightly so, but aren't sure how to channel that anger into energy to do something positive with.

Surely there must be a mass petition or rally/ protest you can all attend. Maybe collectively refuse to pay your internet bills until this is resolved? I'm not an American so I'm not 'in the mix' like all of you posters.
Switch
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.