This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
3 weeks ago#141
kyosuke34 posted...
yohabroha posted...
pkdragon posted...
BearShrooms posted...
I love how democrats always want to argue against the "both are s***" arguments by cherry picking individual issues and ignoring all the rest.

THEY ARE BOTH s***!

If you can't see how your party is just as corrupt and just as interested in f***ing you as the gop is then you're blind.

I'm sorry.

Democrats have taken the sane position on just about every major political issue. Just about every single one. Individual politicians in the party may be corrupt, but for whatever reason, even if just for convenience, they've taken the sane side on issues. Whether that issue is healthcare, tax reform, immigration, women's rights, lbgt freedom, environmentalism, gun control, net neutrality, the Democrats are in the right. It's not even arguable, because the right wing has gotten so insane on all of these issues that literally doing anything slightly ok is being on the sane side of issues.

They clearly have issues actually getting s*** done when they're in congress, but most of that was the Republican-majority congress c***-blocking everything they tried. Democrats haven't been truly in power since 2010, I believe it was.

Taking a stance and enacting laws are completely separate as we're finding out though. Healthcare wasn't even near a complete success under the last Democratic regime, Republicans have completely botched any attempt at Women's right and environmentalism, Liberal (not Democratic) beliefs on gun control are hilariously ironic considering they're the same people that point out the damage the war on drugs did...its really weird to see someone trying to claim that any side is unilaterally correct in their viewpoints when we have plenty of examples otherwise. My party will never win, but even if they did the commonly held viewpoints of it are deeply flawed in some areas. Also, no government viewpoint can be correct on something like lgbt rights because that should not even be something the government is involved with anyway.

I feel the real problem is the American people lost faith and trust in the democratic party . Like sure they announce they are for everything we are for . But during the obama adminstration we got more interventions, more drone strikes, and a health care plan while def better than what we had, still nothing like we were promised. Not to mention GTMO is still open. I mean ya they are def better than the republicans anyone looking through history just a LIL bit can see that, but they still arent that amazing themselves. I would like the republican party disbanded and tossed into the forgotten chapters of history and the two party system being democrats vs a more leftist party .

Look man, a turd that doesnt burn on the way out is still a turd.

User Info: Dyshonest

Dyshonest
3 weeks ago#142
Yeah, but I'd rather take a normal dump than one that's fiery liquid out of my ass any day of the week.

A turd is a turd, but some turds are worse than others.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#143
wizardmon posted...
Sorry, I didn't pay for the forum post package so I don't have the ban

I know I won't pay to use Gamefaqs package. So bye everybody.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Ana_Nuann

Ana_Nuann
3 weeks ago#144
This is just one more way America is getting f***ed under the current administration.

What many don't realize is that the death of net neutrality is one huge step towards the demon they all so often cry foul over: censorship.

It's 100% guaranteed if there are no protections. No one to stop the isps. This is what governments are FOR, to protect their people. The American government has been absolutely s*** at protecting its people, and this is one big step towards getting worse at it.

Isps aren't your f***ing friend. Corporations aren't on your side. They never have been. Government regulations are supposed to exist to prevent them from forming trusts and creating monopolies or duopolies. Something this country has completely failed to do because of crony capitalism.

Some of you need to realize your ideals and desires are not at all reality. America does not have a free market. It never has, and so long as there are no regulations, it never will, and if you can't understand why that is the case, you failed high school level economics. There need to be rules or you end up with no competition with faceless mega corporations at the top and no one else.

This country is s*** tier, and it's going to get worse til you recognize it is, and find ways to fight back.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#145
Ana_Nuann posted...
This is just one more way America is getting f***ed under the current administration.

What many don't realize is that the death of net neutrality is one huge step towards the demon they all so often cry foul over: censorship.

It's 100% guaranteed if there are no protections. No one to stop the isps. This is what governments are FOR, to protect their people. The American government has been absolutely s*** at protecting its people, and this is one big step towards getting worse at it.

Isps aren't your f***ing friend. Corporations aren't on your side. They never have been. Government regulations are supposed to exist to prevent them from forming trusts and creating monopolies or duopolies. Something this country has completely failed to do because of crony capitalism.

Some of you need to realize your ideals and desires are not at all reality. America does not have a free market. It never has, and so long as there are no regulations, it never will, and if you can't understand why that is the case, you failed high school level economics. There need to be rules or you end up with no competition with faceless mega corporations at the top and no one else.

This country is s*** tier, and it's going to get worse til you recognize it is, and find ways to fight back.

government isn't our friend and every government on this planet is guilty of censorship, so you can't have it both ways.

gotta love this "s*** tier" country that enables you to live a comfortable enough lifestyle to be full today posting on gamefaqs. seriously, gain some f***ing perspective if you're going to sperg out. the average american lives a life better than the average person in every civilization that's existed before it. we're not fighting the plague, we're not forced into a religion at the threat of our lives, we're not being invaded in every direction.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#146
"the administration is terrible!"

"put the internet in the hands of this administration!"
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: MUD VIPER

MUD VIPER
3 weeks ago#147
Voidgolem posted...
The right wing screws everything up again?

Perhaps educating yourself rather than being a total snowflake might help?

http://www.realclearpolicy.com/articles/2017/05/18/the_ugly_truth_about_obamas_net_neutrality_110247.html

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+truth+about+net+neutrality&view=detail&mid=CDFA1243B03311983694CDFA1243B03311983694&FORM=VIRE

There is more information out there if you decide to look past the talking points and political fear mongering.
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
3 weeks ago#148
MUD VIPER posted...

Perhaps educating yourself rather than being a total snowflake might help?

http://www.realclearpolicy.com/articles/2017/05/18/the_ugly_truth_about_obamas_net_neutrality_110247.html

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+truth+about+net+neutrality&view=detail&mid=CDFA1243B03311983694CDFA1243B03311983694&FORM=VIRE

There is more information out there if you decide to look past the talking points and political fear mongering.

unfortunately the real world does not operate according to the free market fairy's rules. No matter how hard the right wing and their legion of easily-convinced idiots want to argue it does.

"if we repeal these bits that say they can't run it as a for-profit bit they'll improve things and it'll be economically feasible!" - No, my gullible young right-winger and/or corporate stooge, they will pocket the extra profit and we'll just end up paying more for s*** we already had.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Oh look another net neutrality thread devolved in partisan mud slinging.

Still waiting to hear an even half decent argument in favor of net neutrality repeal. Satellite is also unusable for video games in the literal best case scenario and in my personal experience is utter garbage. Would much rather use unreliable and lossy fixed wireless internet or leech off a 4G connection if I dont have access to actual good internet service.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Canas_Renvall

Canas_Renvall
3 weeks ago#150
Sonorous_Jon1S8 posted...
Oh look another net neutrality thread devolved in partisan mud slinging.

Still waiting to hear an even half decent argument in favor of net neutrality. Satellite is also unusable for video games in the literal best case scenario and in my personal experience is utter garbage. Would much rather use unreliable and lossy fixed wireless internet or leech off a 4G connection if I dont have access to actual good internet service.

A half-decent argument in favor of net neutrality? Which is better:

Paying for internet... plus a charge to access and download Steam games, but not including YouTube since that's the video package, which doesn't include Netflix or Hulu because that's the video streaming package, not to be confused with Twitch because that's part of the streamer package.

or

Paying for internet.
Play games, not companies.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.